saturday there is no road but the road

'ning

repeat yesterday, perhaps wallow in the pool
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, less tropical but still very mild, dog walked, early ride due to early afternoon bbq.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Car packed, dogs been for a run. Let’s go and sit on the motorway
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Well that's just silly Oxo. I suppose you were painting in white as well?

Glorious day today. Humph. Had not anticipated this and a ride would have been great but other plans were made.
    Better get to Jewson's whilst they are still open.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Not glorious here as the forecast suggested but it's not raining and it's not boiling hot which is probably better for a race later on.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,165
    Warm but not too sunny so not scorching, just nice. Currently chilling in my local caff for lunch in between getting supplies. Exercise and a zoom call with some mates later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Boiling hot here on the turbo. Had to wring my gloves out and dangerously leave them in direct sunlight for a while.
    Bombing around on real tarmac was much cooler with the breeze. Many muppets out and about today - in cars, on bikes and on foot.
  • Finally got both forks done. Kids in bed, just got the lego put away.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Brrrr. What heatwave?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Brrrr. What heatwave?

Who the fark are you?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

Who the fark are you?

:D

I can't quite remember. But I know that it's much warmer out there than it is in here. Mmmm. Cold air. Unfortunately it's hers and not mine. Dog likes it too mind.

• Stevo_666
    True, ours are lounging on the patio as its a slightly cooler out. And they're being attention tarts as Stropteen has a couple of mates round.
  • hopkinb
    I might move my camping sleep mat down here when it's like this. Brand new work from home hutch for Mrs H³. Cat 6 cabled ethernet, air con. Desk goes up/desk goes down. Comfy chair.

Are you around next week Stevo? Wouldn't mind a half hour chat on how you are dealing with DAC 6.
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Are you around next week Stevo? Wouldn't mind a half hour chat on how you are dealing with DAC 6.

Oh I see, you only turn up when you want something.

Air con; environmental disaster.

• hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

I'd have sent him an email.

Quite possibly, however, as I live in the uk I expect it will mainly be acting as a heating unit, or be inactive for approximately 350 days out of the year. Is that also an environmental disaster? Or do you not heat your house?

I shall fcuk off again forthwith.

• Stevo_666
    edited August 2020
    hopkinb said:

I might move my camping sleep mat down here when it's like this. Brand new work from home hutch for Mrs H³. Cat 6 cabled ethernet, air con. Desk goes up/desk goes down. Comfy chair.

I'm probably around all week and in the office Tuesday: can do a Teams call sometime if you want. Might take part of Thursday off as it's Stropteens A-level results day though.

Edit: drop me an e-mail or pm so we can sort something without Pinno moaning :)
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Quite possibly, however, as I live in the uk I expect it will mainly be acting as a heating unit, or be inactive for approximately 350 days out of the year. Is that also an environmental disaster? Or do you not heat your house?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

ignore him, he's just grumpy because he's too hot and has no air con

i like to strike a balance, 23 is about right, though 22 can be good on really hot days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    They have air con in Scotland, it's called the weather.
  • pinno
    We just open the window.

I love heat anyway - i'm Kenyan don't forget.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

We just open the window.

I love heat anyway - i'm Kenyan don't forget.

Stranraer - that well known tropical paradise?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Might take part of Thursday off as it's Stropteens A-level results day though.
    Of course, good luck to young 666. Feels like there's more of a lottery element this year.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Might take part of Thursday off as it's Stropteens A-level results day though.
    Of course, good luck to young 666. Feels like there's more of a lottery element this year.
    Likewise, hope V Junior gets what she wants. I also reckon there's enough deferrals into next year to make a bit of wiggle room likely on grades if that's needed.