Friday, Is this the real World

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312

pinno said:

...and got some 32tpi hacksaw blades to cut the carbon steerer (finally)...

edit: i see you clamped the steerer in a vice. :s
    Haven't you got a vice? :)
    Anyway, it's carbon not rice paper.

Re.: Carbon dust - i'm alive.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141

Stevo_666 said:

p.s, looks like our holiday to Italy is censored .
    Possible quarantine on return to the UK for anyone driving through northern Europe :(

Has anyone told Veronese he won't be going to the pub until late August?
    Have they already decided? This morning I read making a decision on France in 5 days. We should get back just before it in that case. No matter, they'll be shutting the pubs soon anyway ;)
    According to the Beeb, as long as you get back here before 0400 tomorrow morning you're fine. But also:

The Department of Transport has confirmed people travelling through Belgium by car from Germany or the Netherlands to the UK do not need to isolate on arrival so long as all the travellers remained in the car throughout their time in Belgium - including not getting out at service stations.

However, it is permitted to drop a passenger off in Belgium without the need to isolate, so long as they don't get back in the car.

Presumably it's the same for France? You'll just have to pi$$ out of the window instead of stopping for a comfort break. Or go the scenic route through Germany and the Netherlands, then floor it through Belgium/France.

Great news from Mrs DHL, they want me to collect them from the beach now because it's just started raining. The trouble is 500,000 other people all want to leave at the same time so this is gonna be fun...

Can you not just tell them to go to the nearest pub and you'll join them later?
    If you're desperate, tell them to go to a Wetherspoons and you'll buy them a drink with the app.

• pinno said:

pinno said:

...and got some 32tpi hacksaw blades to cut the carbon steerer (finally)...

edit: i see you clamped the steerer in a vice. :s
    Haven't you got a vice? :)
    Anyway, it's carbon not rice paper.

Re.: Carbon dust - i'm alive.

I will rest it in between the red blocks that drop in the holes in my workmate.
    Perhaps next year I will finally build my dream shed!
  • Stevo_666 said:

Possible quarantine on return to the UK for anyone driving through northern Europe :(

Have they already decided? This morning I read making a decision on France in 5 days. We should get back just before it in that case. No matter, they'll be shutting the pubs soon anyway ;)
    According to the Beeb, as long as you get back here before 0400 tomorrow morning you're fine. But also:

The Department of Transport has confirmed people travelling through Belgium by car from Germany or the Netherlands to the UK do not need to isolate on arrival so long as all the travellers remained in the car throughout their time in Belgium - including not getting out at service stations.

However, it is permitted to drop a passenger off in Belgium without the need to isolate, so long as they don't get back in the car.

Presumably it's the same for France? You'll just have to pi$$ out of the window instead of stopping for a comfort break. Or go the scenic route through Germany and the Netherlands, then floor it through Belgium/France.

Great news from Mrs DHL, they want me to collect them from the beach now because it's just started raining. The trouble is 500,000 other people all want to leave at the same time so this is gonna be fun...

If you're desperate, tell them to go to a Wetherspoons and you'll buy them a drink with the app.

From italy with no problems I would just report the car stolen and fly home.
    Regarding the trip to pick up mrs DHL, It's ok, I know the easy way in and out. the only thing open near the beach they are at is a loch-fynn chain restaurant. Worse than witherspoons...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406

Stevo_666 said:

Looks like Veronese will need to step on it.

Great idea about the pub BTW.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • France will be on the list by tomorrow so you might as well go what ever way you want.