thursday under a far away sky

'ning

warm, longer to wait for dawn here

build shiny bike and ride up to yaiza for a cafe test, back, cafe, shopping, sunbed
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild overcast fine day forecast, busy morning ride later hopefully in sunshine
    Have a good day
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The weather is obeying Bally's Law.
    As I am not on the bike today, the sun has made an appearance and even more annoyingly, the bastard wind has dropped.
  • ballysmate
    @sungod
    How are the small businesses in Lanzarote doing at the moment? Mrs B and I like to spend our days 'cafe hopping' when we are out there. They must be finding it tough.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lasts nights fun bike ride was improved by various pub stops.

Today is work stuff and start packing ready for a wet week in Cornwall
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Work up all enthusiastic and went for a run in my new non obscene running shorts, and hurt myself about 300m from the door.

Tried to book a ticket for tomorrow's TT to sort it out but all the spaces have gone funnily enough so I'll have to make do with some Zwift.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Running: silly.
    I have a friend who decided 10 years ago that he was no longer competing in Tri antelope events and just go cycling with the occasional swim.
    For some silly reason, he decided to start doing the odd run.
    Snapped his Achilles tendon.

Glorious here. Was expecting cloudy and mild.
    So, grass gets cut tomorrow and once I have cleared the deck of necessary unnecessary domestic obligations, off on the GTR which was fettled during the monsoon to an inch of it's life.
    New Corsa 2.0 Graphene 28's to sample too.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Dryness means I might get my flagging finished tonight, then it's time to bring home the steel gazebo frame I've made in the workshop. Silly angled garden meant I couldn't just buy one.

Time to source some treated timber slats for the sides now.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_

Dryness means I might get my flagging finished tonight, then it's time to bring home the steel gazebo frame I've made in the workshop. Silly angled garden meant I couldn't just buy one.

Did you make an parallelogram gazebo?
    pinno said:

Glorious here. Was expecting cloudy and mild.

I think you've got our weather - forecast was glorious but it's cloudy and mild.

• homers_double
    Almost, one silly angle and MrsHD wants a sliding roof for her hot tub. Powder coated steel and aluminimu frame, treated timber slatted sides and a polycarb sliding roof in aluminium track.

Should be (is), err, expensive...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day of work faff. Mild headache ensued from repeated facepalm.

Sun finally appeared this afternoon, but too late to get out and about in it. Short turbo ride instead.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, cloudy an humid in Heckville, sun appeared for all of five minutes when I was swapping skinny gravel wheels to fat gravel wheels. Didn't realise just how grotty the drive train had gotten so gave it a half arrised effort, will re do properly at some point when I get the garage into some assemble of order. Last sparky coming to quote on work later so far had £195 and £460 for fitting sockets an light, stuff that was in there I ripped out as it was rather dodgy it turns out. Urgh hassle.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Afternoon from the Staines Massive. Sunny over here and the food is free, suppose they needed to give us a reason to come to the Staines office.

Going round to see the bro in law after work as he lives a few miles down the road, no drinking though as I have to drive home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • parryman
    parryman Posts: 153
    Was grey and drizzly in Essex, but its brightened up nicely.

Decided to build a new mountain bike, frame and forks ordered. reckon it will be a few months before its finished.
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨The Amazing Parryman
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434

@sungod
    How are the small businesses in Lanzarote doing at the moment? Mrs B and I like to spend our days 'cafe hopping' when we are out there. They must be finding it tough.

ones of this morning's route were open, but i've never seen the bar y rest in yaiza so empty, usually there's a gathering of the old boys having their morning coffee and condensed milk, or a shot of the local firewater in some cases

spoke to one of the owners at the usual playa blanca end-of-ride stop, he said they are all finding it hard with lack of customers

it had been improving, but the fco adding the islands to the travel advisory has caused a lot of cancellations, some places had 90% cancel

flight out was maybe 25-30% capacity in business, i'd guess about the same in economy, i made up for it by drinking 100% of the bubbly
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

flight out was maybe 25-30% capacity in business, i'd guess about the same in economy, i made up for it by drinking 100% of the bubbly

I didn't realise anyone did business class flights to Lanzagrote. I thought it was just Ryanair and Easyjet?
    To be honest when we went half the passengers were drinking as much bubbly as you except theirs wasn't complimentary.
  • homers_double
    parryman said:

Decided to build a new mountain bike, frame and forks ordered. reckon it will be a few months before its finished.

Who the...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Went to the bar for coffee this morning, I've spent the rest of the day lounging to recover from the exertion. Had a bit of a splash in the pool to cool off though.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    edited August 2020

sungod said:

I didn't realise anyone did business class flights to Lanzagrote. I thought it was just Ryanair and Easyjet?
    To be honest when we went half the passengers were drinking as much bubbly as you except theirs wasn't complimentary.
    ba fly there, they only just restarted operations on 1st august, normally it's an lgw route but it has moved to lhr with most other ba flights, which is a plus

baggage is 'free', so with the bike box plus my big backpack (27 and 29kg respectively yesterday) it's not much more than on a 'low cost' carrier once baggage charges are lumped on, plus i get all the extras for being gold

• parryman

parryman said:

Who the...
    I'm new here...
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
  • ballysmate
    sungod said:

@sungod

ones of this morning's route were open, but i've never seen the bar y rest in yaiza so empty, usually there's a gathering of the old boys having their morning coffee and condensed milk, or a shot of the local firewater in some cases

spoke to one of the owners at the usual playa blanca end-of-ride stop, he said they are all finding it hard with lack of customers

it had been improving, but the fco adding the islands to the travel advisory has caused a lot of cancellations, some places had 90% cancel

Cheers for that SG. I hope they weather the storm.
    Enjoy your hols.
  • thistle_
    Hmm GP4000 or Pro3 for a time trial?
    Only got 1 GP4000 though :confused:
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

sungod said:

ba fly there, they only just restarted operations on 1st august, normally it's an lgw route but it has moved to lhr with most other ba flights, which is a plus

baggage is 'free', so with the bike box plus my big backpack (27 and 29kg respectively yesterday) it's not much more than on a 'low cost' carrier once baggage charges are lumped on, plus i get all the extras for being gold

Ask them if they can fly there from Manchester so I can use my points with them and take advantage of the luggage allowance for my bike :smiley:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    parryman said:

parryman said:

Who the...
    I'm new here...
    Hello then, do you need a very short stem with those stumpy little arms?

It looks like SG is up for sale in the classifieds. Seems a little out of order, he's only just gone on holiday.
  • thistle_

It looks like SG is up for sale in the classifieds. Seems a little out of order, he's only just gone on holiday.

Wow, 2 of his pacemakers. That flight must've cost more than expected.

• pinno

Hmm GP4000 or Pro3 for a time trial?
    Only got 1 GP4000 though :confused:

@thistle_(mbnw) : So you haven't worn out the Pro 3's i sold you?
    I have one GP4000 - if yer quick, i'll post it to you cheap.
  • pinno
    parryman said:

parryman said:

Who the...
    I'm new here...
    Pull up a chair and post interesting random bollox.

I can't work out the signature squiggles though.
  • parryman
    The squiggles are older than the dancing baby.

And I'm not really new, i was active in the MBUK days, HD was double taking my triumphant return.

Thanks for the warm welcome though!
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
  • pinno
    edited August 2020
    parryman said:

HD was double taking my triumphant return.

Nah - he just abbreviated the usual retort which is
    'Who the farq are you?'
    It's all a far cry form the MBUK days.
    Crudders are a dying breed aren't they?
    Or is it that they've all finally grown up after too many bangs to the head and there's no young uns coming through? :)