Bike sizing

Need some help guys. Considering buying a new Cervelo Caledonia. I already have an S2 size 51. Fees like a perfect fit but my toe crosses the front wheel when at 3 o'clock position. Not sure I'd thus is because of the aero design or is it actually too small.
I'm 172 cm in height. Just concerned I'd be overreaching on a 54.
Thanks for any help

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    It is not unusual to have toe overlap with a small frame and 700c wheels tyres, depending on the frames geometry, ST and HT angles, crank length, tyre size and your shoe size and cleat position. You say your 51cm S1 feels like a perfect fit, have you been fitted to the bike? Are you thinking of switching to a 54cm frame to avoid toe overlap? If so that is not always the case as again that would also depend on the features listed above. There is a 21mm difference in the TT length and 9mm in the reach between the two sizes. Whether you would be overreached will depend on your torso / arm length, and how flexible you are. You will only now for sure by sitting on both bikes, if you can.
  • Thanks. That's the problem, cant get on both.
    Can order and return if need to though, would just make life easier to do it right first time. Bike fitting also seems to be an issue atm
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    edited August 2020
    I see, contact the retailer and ask them for the stem length, degree rise and stack height, the number of stem spacers and dimensions, as well as the handle bar drop, reach and width for the two bikes. Using the geometry table you should be able to work out if the 54cm is going to be to long for you.