wednesday we're off to see the tabby

'ning

brekkie, cafe and nyt, wrap things up, head to airport, bubbly and an extra brekkie in the lounge
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast strong winds this morning

Enjoy your holiday sungod
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy holidays SG

Walk hound and then a gentle run as the legs are still trashed after the long mynd on Sunday. Work stuff and then hopefully fun bike with some pals
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Enjoy the get away.

Was planning on making a start on walking Offa's Dyke today but my leg feels like it's about to fall off.

Not keen on repointing any more of the patio because it's forecasting showers later.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Offa's censored

FML

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, cool an cloudy this morning, also a strong wind which is very unwanted. Felt weird getting a jacket on for August but here we are!

Enjoy your escape SG none of us are at all jealous!

Another day interspersed with work. New cleats turned up yesterday so that'll give me something to do.
    The urge to just slide back into bed currently is very strong though.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The day after... a power cut. Luckily, it was their side of the meter.

Sod off Sungod.

Too wet for arson.

New Corsa tyres arrived today but won't be fitting them because we're off to some farm park in another shire.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Having a pony, one of the benefits of moving the router to get decent wifi in the $hitter.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    three for two in duty free on the tawny port, wahey!

about to sip first bubbly in the flounge with the full english
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Have a great holiday SG, I'm not remotely jealous as I'm still basking in Tuscany at present.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    sounds good, we can both be not jealous, unlike the others :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited August 2020
    pinno said:

Sod off Sungod.

In this case SOSG seems appropriate :)

Nice and warm here today, enough for a paleface like me anyway. Couple of boring meetings this afternoon then will do a spot of exercise and get my stuff together for tomorrow's trip to the bleak wastelands of Staines. We have an office there for some godforsaken reason.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    This work thing was a *really* stupid idea.

Finished building bling wheels for new bike this evening, taped up ready to go. Now just need to fettle brakes and shifting and will be off for a trial run on weekend.

Lousy news yesterday, bloke I worked with on a couple of big jobs died suddenly. Had been out for a run, got home, collapsed. Fit, healthy, lean, 45 y/o with three teenage kids and terrific missus. An absolute gentleman to boot. Not at all fair. :'(

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Watching it persist down out of my office window and feeling glad that I booked a pool session rather than finish the flagging down the side path.

Must tie a few loose job ends together now and get excited about my pedals being somewhere between the shop and me rather than sat in a cupboard.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

...bleak wastelands of Staines. We have an office there for some godforsaken reason.

Can't be as bad as the office or the hotel we frequented in Stevenage owned by the company formerly known as Norwich Union.

• pinno
    ...for 'training'. F*ck.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

This work thing was a *really* stupid idea.

Finished building bling wheels for new bike this evening, taped up ready to go. Now just need to fettle brakes and shifting and will be off for a trial run on weekend.

Lousy news yesterday, bloke I worked with on a couple of big jobs died suddenly. Had been out for a run, got home, collapsed. Fit, healthy, lean, 45 y/o with three teenage kids and terrific missus. An absolute gentleman to boot. Not at all fair. :'(

Crap 😢