Which Tool for this Bottom Bracket

Please can someone tell me which is the correct tool for this bottom bracket. It's on an Oyama St James folding bike.

THANKS

Comments

• C-spanner
  • kesher
    kesher Posts: 44

C-spanner

I would have thought it needed another tool for the cut out sections around the spindle

• I "think" that collar is for adjusting the bearings. If all you want to do is remove it then you "might" not need to worry about it.
  • kesher
    kesher Posts: 44

I "think" that collar is for adjusting the bearings. If all you want to do is remove it then you "might" not need to worry about it.

The spindle is slightly loose so i need to to deal with that and if the bottom bracket is not sealed replace the bearings
  • jimbohorizontal
    jimbohorizontal Posts: 69
    edited August 2020
    I'm pretty sure this bottom bracket is cup and cone.

The outer ring where you'll need to use the C-Spanner is a locking ring.

When I did the toddler's bike the bottom bracket unscrewed by hand so I didn't have to buy or worry too much about the specific tool for that part...

I was able to remove, clean, grease and then replace both bearing cages from one side.

Here's a link I found useful.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cup+and+cone+bottom+bracket+removal
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    C-spanner for the outer lockring. I'd then use a drift and hammer to persuade the bearing collar to move. I've not seen a pronged tool that would fit that. Maybe chunky circlip pliers or pin spanner if you don't have too much resistance.
  • A beardy shop like spa cycles should be able to sell you the tools for this. I would just use a hammer and chisel then pop a un54 or similar in there.