Criteria:
Ideally, Matt paint scheme but NOT "Stealth" black
Aero Frame
Ultegra DI2 or Sram equivalent
fairly Deep wheels
Integrated cockpit/aero cockpit
NOT a Giant Propel
£4000 (+/- 10%)
Canyon aeroad seems the best bet but cant get without that horrible matt black colour - bike looks unfinished
Rim Brakes

Thanks

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,612
    I think Cervelo are doing a plain black S3 for 2021.

Or you could consider an Orbea which they will supply in any colour scheme you like.
  • What size are you after? Disc or rim brakes?
  • You have pretty much the same criteria I did when looking for my new bike. In the end I settled on a Handsling A1r0evo, check out the website Handsling.com. It's a small company based in Hampshire that design their own frames and build bikes to your spec and custom paint job. I'm really happy with mine, something a bit different from the usual suspects and completely unique to me
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    Orbea Orca Aero or OMX won't be too far away on price..
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,737
    edited August 2020
    Time frame to suit needs, components to meet budget. Upgrade components later.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • That Handsling looks a good buy and you can pair it with any groupset. The other custom paint and custom fit option is Ribble.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Surely the handsling must be an open mould frame that they're finishing off for you ? It's not like they'd be big enough to design and make their own frame ?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • wobblebob
    wobblebob Posts: 73
    edited August 2020
    From their website:

We own our frame moulds

Handsling are in the fortunate position of being able to control all aspects of production and actually own the moulds which we use to make our bikes. Here are a few shots of the A1R0evo moulds. You can clearly see the 'A1R0' stamp on each mould.

We design our own frames

Our frames are designed in-house, working in conjunction with our very talented and experienced engineer who turns our rough designs and crazy ideas into practical 2D and then CAD 3D, and then into prototype frames.

Some of our frames are joint ventures - like the TR3evo - and others we own 100% - like the A1R0evo - but in all scenarios we lead the design process and exercise control over the production process.

https://handslingbikes.com/collections/road-frames/products/a1r0evo
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    With £4000 I'd buy a Sarto Seta frame, and keep saving.
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    joe2019 said:

With £4000 I'd buy a Sarto Seta frame, and keep saving.

This.

• yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    wobblebob said:

From their website:

We own our frame moulds

Handsling are in the fortunate position of being able to control all aspects of production and actually own the moulds which we use to make our bikes. Here are a few shots of the A1R0evo moulds. You can clearly see the 'A1R0' stamp on each mould.

We design our own frames

Our frames are designed in-house, working in conjunction with our very talented and experienced engineer who turns our rough designs and crazy ideas into practical 2D and then CAD 3D, and then into prototype frames.

Some of our frames are joint ventures - like the TR3evo - and others we own 100% - like the A1R0evo - but in all scenarios we lead the design process and exercise control over the production process.

If this is true, why do they still look like a lot of other current bike designs?
  • yellowv2 said:

If this is true, why do they still look like a lot of other current bike designs?

I have no reason to doubt what I was told when purchasing the bike, or the information I quoted on the website. A lot of current aero bikes look very similar, and I'm sure everyone borrows/copies designs from each other, there are only so many ways you can design a bike to be aero and still meet UCI rules.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It also claims they have been ridden in Belgium classics. I wasn’t aware of any of the pro teams on handsling bikes.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    yellowv2 said:

wobblebob said:

From their website:

We own our frame moulds

We design our own frames

Aero bikes generally look really ugly
  • rd11
    rd11 Posts: 5
    Okay guys, just updated post should of said Not a black frame and with rim brakes but cheers for the suggestions. I’m capable of building a bike up but find it often works out more expensive
  • Supersix
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,737
    edited August 2020
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.