tuesday appears to be as perceived

'ning

ride, cafe, nyt, webex, pack shiny bike, pack more, pack everything
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    @sungod Are you in the Sunglasses biz now?? Are they paying you royalties if not?

Not venturing outdoors today. Sleet. Wind. Cold.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler , brighter, and nice weather forecast for a week, cycling , 3 lengths of trellis to fit above a fence and paint.
    Have a good day
  • A bright morning but a cool 7°C outside
    Early start for me today, ride to work after a cuppa
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Day of teams followed by holiday prep
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

@sungod Are you in the Sunglasses biz now?? Are they paying you royalties if not?

not me, what's going on with sunglasses?

cool but sunny out, traffic heavy, noticeably more people on the streets of the west end, presumably walking to work rather than use public transport

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no idea what the temp is my weather station is showing --.-c at the moment but I'm sat in a jumper so it cant be too hot.
    More work an some light house maintenance an hopefully sit down to start roughing out ideas for a unit on for the garage which should prove fun, see how much of a challenge I can make it.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    step83 said:

Morning, no idea what the temp is my weather station is showing --.-c at the moment but I'm sat in a jumper so it cant be too hot.

According to the stages weather station in the porch:

• Wheelspinner
    sungod said:

not me, what's going on with sunglasses?

cool but sunny out, traffic heavy, noticeably more people on the streets of the west end, presumably walking to work rather than use public transport

This article on cyclingnews...

https://cyclingnews.com/features/the-musette-sungod-eyewear-summer-jerseys-from-sportful-and-a-uae-team-emirates-helmet/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    bloody cheek!

first post-ride cafe stroll out of the way, pleasant in the sun, coffee, cantuccini and nyt among the shrubs of the cafe
  • step83

step83 said:

According to the stages weather station in the porch:

Thanks, reset mine its showing correctly now, 16.5c outside. Keep meaning to sort a new one but other jobs get in the way.

I looked at sungod a while back ,asked if they were looking at ones compatible with RX inserts, annoyingly they said no. SO I'll stick with my fake Jawbreakers which do have an insert an cost me all of £20 :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sleet in Taz?!

An area in Siberia within the arctic circle reached 38 degrees this year and Tundra burnt, releasing more greenhouse gasses trapped underground. Great innit.

Frkkin wet here. No chance of diddley squat burning with petrol poured on. Can't even singe the neighbours grass for a giggle.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

An area in Siberia within the arctic circle reached 38 degrees this year and Tundra burnt, releasing more greenhouse gasses trapped underground. Great innit.

Yeah but this climate change stuff is just a myth so don't worry about it :wink:

• pinno
    I wish some one had told me that earlier.

Great this monsoon isn't it?
    Just booked a holiday in Novosibirsk.
  • pinno
    There are Lighthouses in Bucks?! Farq me.
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

Sleet in Taz?!...

Yup, not that common but does happen. Usually get a reasonable coverage of snow in winter on the higher peaks around the state, and Mt Wellington behind Hobart, although this year has had relatively little. Lots today though.

• step83
    pinno said:

There are Lighthouses in Bucks?! Farq me.

Lighthouses? We barely have hills! An check your email!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Busy morning so far, bloody bank had us on a video conf call at 8:30. Should have told them to sod off. Powering through to lunchtime with coffee and enjoying the peace of having the house to myself for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Spent the morning arguing with IT that they should send me a blank laptop with admin rights and i will install the software i need. Otherwise I wont get one before the beginning of the academic year and I wont be able to write my course materials and video tutorials. They asked for a list instead and that is going to take months now.
  • for context, it took them 6 months to install a driver for an audio interface, well before the lock-down shenanigans. Other software i asked for took over six months and I had gone past the dates i needed it for by then. It also didn't work and took another two months to get going properly.
  • thistle_
    I think a lot of IT department staff are just trained to fob you off as long as possible.

We have similar issues, the 1st line support just fob you off and no say it can't be done. If you speak to someone higher up they say "yeah sure, just do this and this and I'll get it sorted for you".
  • Finally got my recessed nut from LBS. Surprised I was the only one wearing a mask in the shop though... bloody cyclists.