monday in belgrave square with an l16

'ning

less nippy start

ridey ride, cafe, nyt, webex, bit of packing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nippy here clear skies = sunshine hopefully, gardening, cycling , relaxing but not necessarily in that order
    Have a good day
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I would think that is the day's template set for quite a few of us, me included. That's if you consider using an electric lawnmower for 10 -15 mins to be gardening.
  • oxoman said:

Morning All, just going to copy lincolndave today.

+1

possible showers forecast for early afternoon here
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I'm not copying LD.

Not a cloud in the sky over to the west, but dark clouds over the east. Not that it matters because I'm WFH and ruined after a short ride yesterday followed by lifting and re-laying wonky patio slabs.
    Might need to 55kg of tubs of cement somewhere dry later in case it rains (again).

Had a look and didn't have any of the bolts that @darkhairedlord was after.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Must admit, that I have quite enjoyed being sat in the garden due to holiday cancellations.
    Waitress service could be better mind.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice long walk with the hounds and now work stuff. Later is visiting MIL, so no bike ride 😢
  • Back to working from home after two weeks off, so croissants and pain au chocolate with my morning espresso. Will wait until tomorrow when the ribble fork turns up before I go hunting for brake nuts. Two weeks of email to trawl through first. Joy!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning +1 Lincoln Dave, plus some working. Need to order new cleats an bar tape, debate rages, subtle or stupid though.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    spent more time sitting outside the cafe chatting than riding

really should do bar tape, but that would mean doing bar tape
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning.

WFH, battles with IT. Check for wheels updates. Wonder if new bars and tape will arrive?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

Wonder if new bars and tape will arrive?

sungod said:

really should do bar tape, but that would mean doing bar tape

step83 said:

Need to order new cleats an bar tape,

Flat bars and lock on grips - doddle :smile:
    Maybe someone should invent something similar for drop bars.

• thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Later is visiting MIL, so no bike ride 😢

Can you not combine the two or is it too far? (get a lift and ride back?)

• step83 said:

Wrap battle perhaps?

Rock paper scissors first though to choose between teams, zoom, Webex. This could be live, withbpost wrap inspection with points deducted for shoddy work and extra points for figure 8 at the hoods.
  • thistle_

step83 said:

Wrap battle perhaps?

Rock paper scissors first though to choose between teams, zoom, Webex. This could be live, withbpost wrap inspection with points deducted for shoddy work and extra points for figure 8 at the hoods.
    They're desperate for stuff to put on the telly at the moment.
    Next week it will be how fast can you fix a puncture.
  • step83 said:

Wrap battle perhaps?

They're desperate for stuff to put on the telly at the moment.
    Next week it will be how fast can you fix a puncture.
    Will include removing the wheel, tyre, tube, findingvthe hole, repair, refit, pump to 100psi with a pocket rocket , refit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Gave up on them mini pumps, C02 cartridges all the way.

Cinelli gel cork tape - hen's teeth at the moment. I need 2 lots.

Not doing an LD. Curry to cook, girls to skate park at some point, wheel bearings to clean, re-adjust.

It's dull. A drop of sunshine would go a long way.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    pinno said:

Gave up on them mini pumps, C02 cartridges all the way.

Silca frame pump, mate. :smile:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899

Maybe someone should invent something similar for drop bars.

They have, but shifters get in the way! :smiley:
    Ben

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, there's a bit of cloud here. Oh the injustice of it all. Still 26'C and rather pleasant though. Tomorrow may be a smidge cooler so we might go to Florence, wouldn't normally bother but significantly fewer tourists this year might make it tolerable.
    Step, subtle bike means you can go wild with tape. Looking forward to the wrap-off, will it be live streamed?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978

Morning folks, there's a bit of cloud here. Oh the injustice of it all. Still 26'C and rather pleasant though. Tomorrow may be a smidge cooler so we might go to Florence, wouldn't normally bother but significantly fewer tourists this year might make it tolerable.
    Step, subtle bike means you can go wild with tape. Looking forward to the wrap-off, will it be live streamed?

Morning chaps, back from a mid week break to a shed load of work.

Did you drive V68? We're still sort of aiming to got to Italy on the 28th but not booking anything just yet depending on how the CV situation escalates - Given the fact we're in Greater Manchester and unsure how the local lockdown will escalate.

Chunnel can be done last minute and I may book the overnight accommodation as that can be cancelled up to the day before on booking.com

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

Yeah, none of this curly bar rubbish...

The diary has gone suspiciously quiet today, must be the calm before the storm? Catching up with a few bits work-wise and there's a large shepherds pie waiting for me downstairs when I get peckish.

Uncle Rishi's eat out to help out scheme starts today and there are a hundred registered places near me. I can feel a mid-week curry coming on :)

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

tlw1 said:

Later is visiting MIL, so no bike ride 😢

Can you not combine the two or is it too far? (get a lift and ride back?)

Too close to alsager
  • veronese68

Morning chaps, back from a mid week break to a shed load of work.

Did you drive V68? We're still sort of aiming to got to Italy on the 28th but not booking anything just yet depending on how the CV situation escalates - Given the fact we're in Greater Manchester and unsure how the local lockdown will escalate.

Chunnel can be done last minute and I may book the overnight accommodation as that can be cancelled up to the day before on booking.com

Yes, drove and did the Chunnel too. Only stopped for petrol and a couple of kips in the car. 3 of us in a big car meant it wasn't too bad. Took 22 hours, the extra distance to Tuscany probably equivalent to the extra mileage you'd have in the UK. Paid the premium for flexibility on the tickets for the first time ever, thought it worthwhile if not paying for an overnight stop so harder to guesstimate timing. Down here it's very relaxed on the Covid front, masks are worn in shops and entering restaurants and bars but there's no fuss, people just get on with it. I think having had a far stricter lockdown has helped them appreciate the post they are in now. I'd say go for it if you can, if being the big question of course.
  • Ben6899
    edited August 2020
    We're hopefully driving to Southern Germany in September - hire car booked and we're looking at Chunnel prices.

Briefly looking at the Chunnel website yesterday, we're asked for car registration or make/model.

Obviously with a hire car, no idea on the former and the latter is a guess to be honest despite what we've booked.

Is this going to be a headache for us? Has anyone taken a hire car through?
    Ben

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    Ben6899 said:

We're hopefully driving to Southern Germany in September - hire car booked and we're looking at Chunnel prices.

Briefly looking at the Chunnel website yesterday, we're asked for car registration or make/model.

Obviously with a hire car, no idea on the former and the latter is a guess to be honest despite what we've booked.

https://help.eurotunnel.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209263325-I-ve-changed-my-car-I-m-taking-a-hire-car-and-will-not-know-the-registration-number
  • Ben6899
    sungod said:

Ben6899 said:

https://help.eurotunnel.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209263325-I-ve-changed-my-car-I-m-taking-a-hire-car-and-will-not-know-the-registration-number
    Thank you. I could've done that myself, really!

I'm assuming the Breakdown cover is one you book through Le Shuttle as an optional extra? Otherwise, I can't see the relevance.
    Ben

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978

I'd say go for it if you can, if being the big question of course.

Thanks for the info, the real issue is if we have to isolate on return.

Mrs HD works from home anyway and I can to a point but really need to be in work.

There's also the issue of if one of us gets CV we'd be bringing it back home to our son. I can manage in the shed but I doubt my wife could.

Then again, we could catch it here in Asda.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68

I'd say go for it if you can, if being the big question of course.

Thanks for the info, the real issue is if we have to isolate on return.
    Then again, we could catch it here in Asda.
    Indeed, we reckon it's safer here. But we are in a very remote house and only visits to a small supermarket or eating outdoors at restaurants.
    I'm going to work from home for at least a week anyway and the trouble is anyway. The lad is at home but working in a pub so at more risk than we are anyway.
    Good luck, and to you Ben
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    edited August 2020
    The Eurotunnel booking system has changed this year, vehicle check up front rather than after selecting crossing dates and times. But you can still change the vehicle reg at any time up to the crossing. I have taken hire cars over multiple times; just book with ANO vehicle and once you pick up the hire car change the reg details.

Edit, see already answered by SG.