Route occitaine

Comments

• Poor that we don’t get any live coverage of this race, today’s stage could be very good
  • 1 Bernal Egan Team INEOS 4:36:44
    2 Sivakov Pavel Team INEOS 0:10
    3 Vlasov Aleksandr Astana Pro Team 0:17
    4 Pinot Thibaut Groupama - FDJ 0:31
    5 Mollema Bauke Trek - Segafredo 1:05
    6 Barguil Warren Team Arkéa Samsic 1:09
    7 Porte Richie Trek - Segafredo 1:11
    8 Bardet Romain AG2R La Mondiale 1:18
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Froome at +5mins
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Would love to have seen how that was raced. Froome's 5+ minutes not looking promising form-wise if he was actually trying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

Would love to have seen how that was raced. Froome's 5+ minutes not looking promising form-wise if he was actually trying.

Even if he's not trying you'd hope he'd not loose 5+ mins
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    50x11 said:

Unless e.g. he was riding on the front to set up Bernal. That's why I'd love to know how they rode it.
  • Sivakov is flying at the moment
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892

50x11 said:

Unless e.g. he was riding on the front to set up Bernal. That's why I'd love to know how they rode it.
    If you're claiming to be a contender for the GC then you don't play domestique in one of the few warm up races available. I don't think he'll be riding the Tour this year.
  • phreak said:

50x11 said:

If you're claiming to be a contender for the GC then you don't play domestique in one of the few warm up races available. I don't think he'll be riding the Tour this year.
    I would imagine the Vuelta suits him better this year
  • 50x11 said:

For that you would need French Eurosport, since UK and the rest don't seem to want the 1 hour highlights each evening.
    Not sure if they are being shown by Eurosport's new home of cycling: GCN Racing.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439

50x11 said:

For that you would need French Eurosport, since UK and the rest don't seem to want the 1 hour highlights each evening.
    Not sure if they are being shown by Eurosport's new home of cycling: GCN Racing.
    He's posted a pic on Twitter of him riding in front of TGH, Sivakov and Bernal. All 3 finished ahead of him
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Vlasov, winner of the 2018 baby Giro, is a rider to keep an eye on.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    edited August 2020
    phreak said:

50x11 said:

Unless you're in your first real race in a year, after a terrible injury and just need to demo some effort numbers for your team.

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    gsk82 said:

50x11 said:

He's posted a pic on Twitter of him riding in front of TGH, Sivakov and Bernal. All 3 finished ahead of him

TGH finished about 20 seconds ahead of him.

Remember last year he rode as a domestique in the Tour of the Alps and the Tour of Yorkshire
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596

Poor that we don’t get any live coverage of this race, today’s stage could be very good

Eurosport - France, 21:00.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    Someone's sandbagging for a full on finestra effort...
  • I have found the full highlights package of stage 1, but as with the player, it comes sans commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGv9rrtZetc
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    RichN95. said:

gsk82 said:

50x11 said:

TGH finished about 20 seconds ahead of him.

Remember last year he rode as a domestique in the Tour of the Alps and the Tour of Yorkshire
    Interview with Sivakov I just saw on Twitter suggested Froome was working for Bernal.
  • Froome is just showing he can be a team player.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Bernal and Sivakov, there's the future... or do i mean the present?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Hmmmm. Looking positive, he did his super domestique role and peeled off.
    Looking negative, he looked glad to be peeling off. Then again...
    I did say before not to read too much into this stage. Who knows the mind games?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • They go up the Grand Colombier on Sunday in Tour de L’ain so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes on that and if he’s up towards the sharp end a bit more after a few days racing in the legs.
  • RichN95. said:
    20 minutes or so of highlights, with French commentary.

https://youtu.be/wAgkGBh0R7E?t=21
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Am I right in thinking that the UK ES coverage is just as crap as GCN for this race then? Having felt smug for apparently getting better coverage of Stade Bianche, GCN only has 5 min highlights on GCN in German/French/Italian/Dutch, delayed by a day.
  • Just watched that 22 minutes of the climb.
    Froome is on the front from 4-30" in and does a 4 minute pull that halves the bunch.
    Clearly a measured effort.
    It's an interesting watch just to see where all the others "popped".
  • Just watched that 22 minutes of the climb.
    Froome is on the front from 4-30" in and does a 4 minute pull that halves the bunch.
    Clearly a measured effort.
    It's an interesting watch just to see where all the others "popped".

Just watched that now as had a break between patients. That was a decent turn on the front, did some damage
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    After a lovely ride this morning along part of the route the photos below were taken we went down to St Martin de Vers this afternoon and watched them come though (at speed)..

“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    dabber said:

After a lovely ride this morning along part of the route the photos below were taken we went down to St Martin de Vers this afternoon and watched them come though (at speed)..

This is a nice desktop background if available in higher quality (4k)! :)
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    m.r.m. said:

dabber said:

This is a nice desktop background if available in higher quality (4k)! :)
    Thanks... the original was 4928 x 3264 but then cropped a bit, resized then BR resized again :)
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut