sunday freedom is not a state, it is an act

'ning

temperature plunging back towards nippy, at least it's dry and bright-ish

long or not so long ride depending on mood, cafe, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Off to the long mynd for a run and then GP and the hopefully the bbq that got cancelled yesterday for a wasted trip to a&e for MIL
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Cheers Oxo, think we may have caused it by complaining that she still hasn’t seen the consultant, etc, etc, then all of a sudden she had a low heart rate and they whisk her off to a&e
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Caring takes a lot of energy.

On that energy note, will be pedalling later but first have to square things with the OH. Might have to take toots for a walk in that equation.
    Bright and breezy. Can't complain. Weather gods won't listen anyway.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    tlw1 said:

Off to the long mynd for a run and then GP and the hopefully the bbq that got cancelled yesterday for a wasted trip to a&e for MIL

I remember multiple hospital trips when my old dear fell and bruised herself - a&e was almost a given 'just in case'.

Late start, due to some ferkin house alarm going off a way down the road, but just loud enough go wake us up. Will do some pond maintenance today, got new filters to fit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Usual clear blue skies when I set off for a ride then went dark and cloudy when I got a couple of miles from home. Roads were unexpectedly damp too, must've had some rain overnight.
    Stiff westerly breeze made riding up the valley a right old slog, but more than made up for it on the way back (60 mins out, 40 mins back :smiley: )
    pinno said:

On that energy note, will be pedalling later but first have to square things with the OH

Just found out my bike computer has an 'energy used' stat and it reckons I only used 0.38kWh to ride 32 miles. Not sure I believe it because I think a decent electric car would use about 8 kWh.
  • pinno
    Still, a 19mph average ain't too shabby.
    Flat?
    There is no 'flat' here.
  • Bacon and eggs. Washing up. Pondering the name of the tory mp. Sweepstakes?
  • thistle_

Bacon and eggs. Washing up. Pondering the name of the tory mp. Sweepstakes?

Boris?
  • Bacon and eggs. Washing up. Pondering the name of the tory mp. Sweepstakes?

Boris?
    No; former minister, current tory mp, 50's, Male.
    Some suggesting the locations named are all east of Westminster indicating Essex mp. Lot of conjecture on reddit. If only a junior minister then a very wide net but if senior minister then very narrow, even dismissing the Essex supposition.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Is this why there is an allegedly after Mark Francois in the complete tools thread? I must confess I didn't think there was any doubting him being a tool so it seemed odd.
    Oh, afternoon folks.
    Been to the bar for coffee and nibbles, got friends coming round later which should be a laugh. Still glorious weather here.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, bit sore appears something has jammed into my right hand pedal so it doesn't really seem to release properly so a few ungraceful dismounts. bit of a scuff on the rear mech, should polish out and shredded the bar tape so that needs replacing. But what..

Bar that very pleasant ride with the clubbies
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Something for SG
    BBC News - The rise, fall, and rise of the status pineapple
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53432877
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    edited August 2020

Something for SG
    BBC News - The rise, fall, and rise of the status pineapple
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53432877

veritably an egalitarian delight

ride of many hill repeats, followed by laziness, something with lots of chillis for dinner
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Ouch, hurting legs now. Was supposed to have a gentle gravel pootle with Daughter #1 but she bailed after a razzle night up the pub with her pals, first in a long long time. So went roadie instead. And despite telling myself back off, soft pedal it, nope, going for it on the climbs. Can't seem to help it; the number of times I've found myself an hour from home with legs gone awol. And headwind all the way back.

Right, time to open the bar.
  • pinno
    Well, the wind switched slowly whilst I was out, so I had a headwind for 75% of the ride. Bugger. And it rained a little.
    I'm recovering from that but not from this:

I wondered what Mrs P was doing with my rollers.
    Then she got her bike and got on them!!

Although I had to help get the chain moving and pump the rear tyre up... and off she went.

I've had them 7 years and she suddenly has an urge to go on them now?

• thistle_
    pinno said:

Well, the wind switched slowly whilst I was out, so I had a headwind for 75% of the ride. censored . And it rained a little.
    I'm recovering from that but not from this:

I wondered what Mrs P was doing with my rollers.
    Then she got her bike and got on them!!

Although I had to help get the chain moving and pump the rear tyre up... and off she went.

I've had them 7 years and she suddenly has an urge to go on them now?

:smile:
    I keep getting asked questions about how my turbo works and how you attach a bike to it but I think I'm safe.
    Does Mrs P cycle a lot? Because rollers are tricky at the best of times!
  • pinno
    I never did master the art of staying upright on the rollers. I dented the sink unit and flattened a laundry rack. After spill number 3, I invested in a T bar attachment.
    No, she hasn't ridden her bike in about... 10 years. Sh*t, that's right - before Tricky was born. It's a lovely Vitus I bought for her.

What happened was, I went for a ride and came back promising to take her and the girls for a walk. I was bushed and the girls after yesterdays jolly didn't have any notion. Mrs P was hell bent on some exercise.

Fair play to her. At least she's embarked on the saggy bum prevention trail. :)
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

God help me if the OH tried mine, she can fall off a bike just looking at it. :D . Hopefully it will never happen, saying that I'd have bet she would never ride a quad bike. Just wish I'd filmed her, twas funny watching he get the hang of it. Kids nearly wet themselves watching.

At least she was on her own quad bike. Mine insists that we share one which has ended badly each time.