Cycle Clinic order lead time

Hi All

I ordered a set of Borg22s from Malcolm back on 29th June and according to the website it's around a month before despatch. Not heard anything yet, which isn't surprising and not a problem. The website states that they can't respond to order update queries (quite rightly - imagine they'd be inundated otherwise), but if anyone on here has ordered anything relatively recently and can give an idea of order-delivery timescale that would be great. Just can't wait to get my hands on them!

Comments

• bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    I've just ordered a couple of small items that were dispatched immediately, so no doubt your wheels will come in due course.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    bobones said:

I've just ordered a couple of small items that were dispatched immediately, so no doubt your wheels will come in due course.

Likewise. I know his website stated that Malcolm will not usually give update queries but in this circumstance it may be worth dropping him an email. He's usually pretty quick to respond.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    He hasn't been on here for a couple of weeks. Too busy to be interneting?
  • PMark
    PMark Posts: 159
    I ordered after you (the 1st), so once yours does come, if you wouldn't mind posting here so I will have an idea of how much longer it will, that would be great. :)

But when I initially was looking at buying, I saw the delivery go from 3-4 weeks, to 1 month. So it wouldn't surprise me if the queue was closer to 5 weeks by the time I ordered.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Pretty sure that one of his last posts was that he was in France on holiday.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    pblakeney said:

Pretty sure that one of his last posts was that he was in France on holiday.

Unless Malcolm has an assistant I was sent something by him last Wednesday.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    3-4 weeks is what it took me for a wheel rebuild. He does reply to messages as well.
  • thecycleclinic
    thecycleclinic Posts: 395
    edited August 2020
    If your wheels where ordered on the 29th June then they should be ready next week. ETA are approximate. I build wheels and notify once built. I tend not to advise when they would be built before they are built because such estimations can be wrong. I might fall of my bike and break both hands on Monday for example
    I hope not but it could happen. First remember I build a varying number of wheel every day today 6 got done. Thursday two got done. Most days its 4 now. Radio silence from me means things are progressing fine. If I contact you before they are ready it's because something is going wrong. I had to do that this week with one customer. He was fine about that. If I spent my my time updating customers about the wheel position in the queue I would get fewer wheels built and then I would then have to update further as things change. That's a good way to get nothing done.

I find the same with my rim suppliers, carbon ti, my hub suppliers and sapim. I get a initial ETA but then nothing until invoice/pay up time. I can chase but get zip back so I no longer bother to chase. There a reason for that because until something is ready it's not. Same with my wheels. Each one has to be right. If it take 1 hour to build that great but the same wheel might take 2hrs before I'm happy with it. I can also lace it wrong, built the wrong wheels or find a mix of spokes in a bag, and have to start again.

If they are in the queue they still are until they are built. If I find a problem I will let you know. If I don't contact you there is no problem and you will get notification of your build after they are built and boxed and ready to go. That when I know they are done. I am.not one for pointless communication. Unless I know something I'd rather not say anything. Some customers see that as evasive I think. It isn't. I had to explain to one customer yesterday I am not a robot. He calmed down after that

Yes I have help now. Jamie does the mail order now and boxed wheels. He learning quickly how to lace, dish and true wheels. Slowly a production line will begin. That the plan.

I have had a 6 to 7 week queue before. That was a nightmare.
    www.thecycleclinic.co.uk
  • Thanks Malcolm - hence why I enquired via the forum as it's perfectly clear doing so direct is counterproductive. I'm perfectly happy to wait for them - spent nearly 2 years with inferior crap wheels, so another week won't do any harm!
  • Wheels arrived just over a week ago having been ordered 29th June so about 5 weeks or so at the mo. If you don't have lock rings make sure you order them though as it wasn't very clear on the website (now being amended apparently).
  • pblakeney
    Lock rings come supplied with cassettes, not wheels.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    pblakeney said:

For disc wheels?
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

For disc wheels?
    Which lock ring needs to be specified. Cassette lock ring, yes.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

For disc wheels?
    Which lock ring needs to be specified. Cassette lock ring, yes.
    Yup. Would be bad form not to include lock rings for centrelock rotors though. I doubt that's the case though, btw.