friday for lust of knowing what should not be known

'ning

long ride in the warm dawn, coffee, nyt, webex, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Legs are toast, a ride seems like too much effort so might take the imaginary dog for a walk.
    WFH later while most people will be out enjoying the sunshine.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Yeah Friday
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunshine ☀️ just going out for a ride before it warms up, relaxing this afto in the hot sun
    Have a good day
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Morning all, another sunny day in paradise. Just arrived at the dentist for a filling. Then home to wait for fork to turn up for the dolce.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,531
    temperature fell as low as 20 at the summit of the col de hampstead

coffee and cantuccini time while i wait for the uv to ramp up to basking strength
  • darkhairedlord
    Dentist wore the full alien-autopsy suit. I had to wear a mask then remove it, then put it on. Way over the top and probably not helping. Made it home but feel like crap after the injection and filling. Opted for the economy filling rather than the spendy white filling.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    I will probably be spending a lot of time at the dentist over the next 6 to 8 months. Bollox.

Meanwhile in the shadow of the Col de la Smithy Hill, it's cloudy but warmish.
    Yesterday's (boyhood revisited) sillyness on the new steed has left me a tad flat this morning. Heaps to do, no energy to do it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    And I'll raise you lot 2 implants and a filling...

Warm day but I'll be inside for most of it turning on my little hamster wheel. Too hot to run anyway. There's cold cider in the fridge for later though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Royal flush: 9 implants and a bone graft.

• darkhairedlord
    edited July 2020

Go for the full set
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

😳 You doing the full Tom Cruise / Cheryl Cole thang there then?
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

😳 You doing the full Tom Cruise / Cheryl Cole thang there then?
    Systemic bone infection for 3 years and 6 months plus suppressed immune system. That's the cards I was dealt.
    Although the bone infection was caused by a post operative handling error after hip replacement No.2 and could have been avoided. Makes me a little pi$$ed off really.

I could crowd fund it? But that sort of thing doesn't half rock my boat when people want to others to fund their wild adventure in the cause of charity (and self aggrandisement).
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Ouch. Hope it works out ok. 👍
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

OK, you win...may be time to invest in some straws and a liquidiser.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    It would be cheaper.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

It would be cheaper.

I had the metal screw things put into my jaw this week and have to stick to soft-ish food while the bone grows around them, though I can cheat as I can chew OK on my right side.

Seriously, good luck with that.
  • darkhairedlord
    oxoman said:

Ouch and YUK, I'll stick to trying to hang onto mine a bit longer. Luckily only one dodgy tooth over covid and that's been temp patched, revisit to do properly when things back to normal apparently. Luckily only real grief I've ever had was an impact damaged one which was crowned and all 4 wisdom teeth pulled by a Russian weight lifter dentist. He wouldn't admit defeat and send me to hospital to do to of them, as badly impacted. Pinno if it's an error from hip op can't you sue them for damages. Where there's blame there's a claim.

I blame wiggle for all the haribo
  • pinno

I have no decay. I have had teeth come out that are near perfect. The bone infection caused gum recession.

Cheers for the sentiments guys. Perhaps i'll keep you posted with some gory details.
    The alternative route is secured dentures. Eeek.

• darkhairedlord
    pinno said:

I have no decay. I have had teeth come out that are near perfect. The bone infection caused gum recession.

Cheers for the sentiments guys. Perhaps i'll keep you posted with some gory details.

Offset the cost against income from the tooth fairy.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,531
    implant holiday in india? though the virus complicates things now

i did once have pieces of a broken tooth slowly making their way out through the side of the gum,, no implant as things were a bit crowded, technology moved on and eventually all the others got moved to close the gap and tidy things up

just had a 3-4 hour bask, scorchio del diablo, shame it'll be over by tomorrow
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Eyup.

WFH today, but about to wrap up. Bottle of ale and Rouleur on the balcony, pretend I'm somewhere else at a different time.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

Already finished here - clouded over about an hour ago and just had a rain shower.
    Still hot though.
    Hopefully all the tourists stuck in the traffic jams on the way here are now realising their mistake.

Productive day today albeit mostly chained to my desk.

• Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Eyup.

WFH today, but about to wrap up. Bottle of ale and Rouleur on the balcony, pretend I'm somewhere else at a different time.

Its cider o'clock in my house :)
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

implant holiday in india? though the virus complicates things now

i did once have pieces of a broken tooth slowly making their way out through the side of the gum,, no implant as things were a bit crowded, technology moved on and eventually all the others got moved to close the gap and tidy things up

I went for the West End option and so far he seems to have done a damn good job. I had a 1 tooth gap in my back teeth and was hoping the other teeth would close the gap but then an adjacent one went, so one of the implants will be 2 for the price of 1.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Dentures - just say no. Unless you want us to laugh at you.
  • pinno
    Muggy day here followed by a thunderstorm and now a thick Haar has rolled in.
    Spent most of the day doing chores.
    I even managed to true Shorty's front wheel. It's been a long time since I did that. Modern hoops an all.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

I even managed to true Shorty's front wheel. It's been a long time since I did that. Modern hoops an all.

Did you teach Shorty how to do it for next time?

Thick Haar here too, but that's because I still haven't managed to get an appointment at the barber's.
  • pinno
    Boom boom. Don't give up your day job Thistle.

Stupid Amerocentric spellchecker doesn't recognise 'Haar'.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Good luck with the dentist Pinno.
    I know nobody likes going the dentist but I have a fear of it. Sadly my visits are becoming more frequent.
    I had to have a temporary repair to a broken tooth a few weeks back and have to go back when it is safe. (Marathon man, remember that? Is it safe?). Five years ago I needed a filling, 11 years before that I needed another filling. My visit before that was when I was at school and my mother took me.
    As I said, with gaps of 5, 11 and 30+ years, visits are getting more regular.
  • pinno

...(Marathon man, remember that? Is it safe?)

De weiser angel.