thursday playing jenga with plutonium blocks

'ning

smidge warmer to start, supposed to be a sunny day

ride coffee nyt webex etc., bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, better morning here bright start feels warmer, dog walked, a busy start today, hopefully finished for lunch time,
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today’s goal is - a bike ride later
  • tlw1
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Probably spend all day in conversation with planet-x to return this fork. A bit difficult when they only use email and take three days to answer each post.
    I might throw some paint onto the skirting boards. IKEA didn't have corners in stock for the curtain track so that's another job I can consign to the back burner. Might bite the bullet and buy a fork from ribble.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    oxoman said:

Morning workers. Nice sunny day and my fencing stuff has just arrived so grabbing the kids and putting that up before OH gets home as a surprise. Browny points to me and the lads as 2 of us are off for a ride and a beer. Last nights attack on the wasp,s succeeded no survivors. Don't mind them in the garden but don't want them under my roof. Especially given eldest is highly allergic to them.

I hope that's posts, arris rails and boards. None of that fence panel nonsense.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Wet. Very wet. Too bloody wet.
    Forecast says it will ease up later so i'm hoping for a pedal on the new steed.

Must sell some stuff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    tlw1 said:

My goal today is get to the end of the working day and have a drink. Bloody dentist put a 48 hour ban on alcohol after rearranging my gob on Tuesday. Probably a case of creating success by lowering expectations but wtf.

Onwards to telling the Kingdom Of Far Far Away that they can't have a s**load of dividends.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Wet. Very wet. Too bloody wet.
    Forecast says it will ease up later so i'm hoping for a pedal on the new steed.

Must sell some stuff.

You need to move. Sunny and 28C here today B)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Effin' pigeons. Flying bleepin' rats. One just crashed into the glass doors, then decided to fly in through the open kitchen door. Chaos ensued. Eventually grabbed it, didn't wring its neck 🤔, and chucked it back outside. Go cr@p on someone else's car.

A bit of sorting out task now. Trashed one of my chilli plants on the window sill.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    orraloon said:

Effin' pigeons. Flying bleepin' rats. One just crashed into the glass doors, then decided to fly in through the open kitchen door. Chaos ensued. Eventually grabbed it, didn't wring its neck 🤔, and chucked it back outside. Go cr@p on someone else's car.

A bit of sorting out task now. Trashed one of my chilli plants on the window sill.

At least it didn't eat one of the chillis. Would've been cr@pping on everything in sight for days.
  • pinno
    A long time ago in a place not too far away... I came back at 3am with a skinfull and a Shish kebab. I asked for extra Chilli and a little garlic sauce.
    My faithful Spaniel drooled as he sat there, saucers for eyes whilst I ate said Keebab. It was so hot (despite the alcofrol), my eyes were watering.
    There were drips all over the plate - hot, red, chilli sauce drips. Left for any length of time, they would have dissolved through the plate.
    I placed it on the floor for my drooling, expectant mate thinking all the while this is partly cruel and partly amusing.

He licked the lot. Didn't bat an eyelid.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

A long time ago in a place not too far away... I came back at 3am with a skinfull and a Shish kebab. I asked for extra Chilli and a little garlic sauce.
    My faithful Spaniel drooled as he sat there, saucers for eyes whilst I ate said Keebab. It was so hot (despite the alcofrol), my eyes were watering.
    There were drips all over the plate - hot, red, chilli sauce drips. Left for any length of time, they would have dissolved through the plate.
    I placed it on the floor for my drooling, expectant mate thinking all the while this is partly cruel and partly amusing.

He licked the lot. Didn't bat an eyelid.

You're mean Mr. P. I'm telling on you.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks, took the females to Siena for a little while today. Too f'ing hot for my liking, I should have stayed by the pool.
    Now sat by the pool enjoying the serenity, swallows are skimming the surface of the water and grabbing a drink as they do so. Saw some deer in the olive grove below the pool the other night, nothing yet this evening. Well, apart from mosquitoes and the aforementioned birds
  • pinno
    I'd put up with all that heat in exchange for all this rain.
    July has been a frikkin wash out.
    Just got back off my ride and the wind has dropped, it's stopped raining and the sun has put an appearance in.
    [Insert rolling eyes icon]
  • tlw1

And relax
  • Tomato and potato inspection. Great expectations lie ahead.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited July 2020
    oxoman said:

Pinno, my staffy is the same, will eat anything no matter how hot.

The staffies we borrow will eat anything, but if it's a vegetable or salad they'll spit it back out and give you a wtf look.
    I do the same.
  • pinno

Tomato and potato inspection. Great expectations lie ahead.

Are you okay?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Well, bar the effin' pigeon, good day, first of the 2 enforced do nothings. Lazed about, went and got some barbie bits, Daughter #1 came round for a chat and some perfectly cooked salt and chilli pork belly slices. Looking at 32C tomorrow and full sun... sometimes bein' dahn saff has some plus points.... 🤔 what will I do tomorrow?
  • pinno
    I had a cat that drank Bailey's.
    I had another cat that loved Malted Milk biscuits.

My Spaniel loved it when you dropped frozen peas on the floor. He would hoover them up. Great technique.
    Same Spaniel drunk my McEwans export one night when I left the glass momentarily. He licked his chops and disappeared up the corner and slept.
    Some time later, I had a laugh when he turned down some more Export in a manner like 'no, no. no, no, no (never again)'.