ride, cafe, nyt, webex, stroll, execute
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk/run and then catch up on work missed yesterday. Later is undecided
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a bit brighter this morning, dog walked , bike ride followed by some work
    Have a good day
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, chilly walk with woof this morning some early morning mist sure sign its cooler, that and it was cooler remembered no shorts today which was a good move but now Friday looks like it'll be a random barmy hot day, urgh.

Anyway work beckons so suppose I should do something, but first, coffee.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Contemplated a ride this morning but CBA and feeling tired before I've started.
    Day off so will so some outside things while the car is getting fixed.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Will definitely ride again today. Just like Destry or Herbie, depending on your age.
    Wind has dropped a bit but Met office man is still lying with his 15° current temp I think.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Mostly dragging out the fitting of skirting boards.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    In my favourite Eye Hospital awaiting the next poke in the eye, high 20s in the injection count now. Season ticket renewed, again.

Warm and sunny here, Oxford v quiet for a July day, but still some eye candy about to brighten the mood.

To be followed by enforced inactivity, means I will need to be working on Friday, that hottest day yet forecast. Oh well, life innit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    There's only one thing worse than skirting boards and that's painting them.
    Pre-primed MDF? Don't bother. You may as well start from scratch.

Today will be mowstly grass cutting and a run around, taxi duties and then finally back to completing the GTR build. Except...the left lever is misbehaving.

Internal cable routing wasn't hard. What's the fuss?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    New bike gloves have arrived today, first time they've come with an instruction manual which includes:
    Do not expose to direct sunlight
    Maximum number of washes 3

:|
  • ballysmate
    What if he gets them wet 4 times?
  • darkhairedlord
    pinno said:

Today will be mowstly grass cutting and a run around, taxi duties and then finally back to completing the GTR build. Except...the left lever is misbehaving.

I did the whole downstairs plus bedrooms with really tall timber skirting a few years back. Looked great once all painted but now it has slowly warped and has more gaps than madonna's teeth. I'm using preprimed MDF and as it's only upstairs hallway have only low wattage bulbs so no one will see the shoddy paintwork.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Who uses MDF for skirting! Heathens! I redid the hallway with some nice bullnose softwood, light stain and double coat of poly all happy.

Did you use the magnet trick for the cables?

Thistle, what the hell are those gloves? Reminds me of some Northwave ones I got were bright orange, lasted about a day before going to a naff faded orange.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

What if he gets them wet 4 times?

It's OK, they're not made of carbon.

Busy morning, just heat in up some shepherd pie. Have to stick to bloody soft-ish foods while my tooth implants bed in, hey ho. At least they don't hurt.

Got the decorators in repainting juniors room after months of whining about how its not suitable for her now she's 'grown up'. Just before she pushes off to uni...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    WTAF was I thinking? (Stupidly) agreed to help out former client with assistance for a couple months since the travel restrictions mean they can't fly bodies in and out to do the job as usual.

Back out of retirement for 2 months then. Day one and already I am reminded of about 4562 reasons why I decided to retire!

It will be good spending money for something, dunno what yet.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

WTAF was I thinking? (Stupidly) agreed to help out former client with assistance for a couple months since the travel restrictions mean they can't fly bodies in and out to do the job as usual.

Back out of retirement for 2 months then. Day one and already I am reminded of about 4562 reasons why I decided to retire!

Oops. Not that unusual though, I've seen a few people 'retire' and then do a U-turn. Usually when they have an OH at home who isn't working.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

Oops. Not that unusual though, I've seen a few people 'retire' and then do a U-turn. Usually when they have an OH at home who isn't working.
    I've turned down a fair few other offers to go back to work, because I am *really liking* the whole retirement gig tbh. Busy enough with stuff to do, riding bikes more than I have in years, lost 6 kg, sleep better, and despite the current financial clusterfuck I am actually in a better position than I was when I quit.

This is simply repaying a favour - former client looked after me on a big project, and needed some qualified help in a hurry.

OH has been retired for 13 years.

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I've turned down a fair few other offers to go back to work, because I am *really liking* the whole retirement gig tbh. Busy enough with stuff to do, riding bikes more than I have in years, lost 6 kg, sleep better, and despite the current financial clusterfuck I am actually in a better position than I was when I quit.

This is simply repaying a favour - former client looked after me on a big project, and needed some qualified help in a hurry.

OH has been retired for 13 years.

Fair enough WS. Even if it is a cr@p assignment, it's only 2 months.
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

Yep, and quite lucrative too. :)
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Thistle, what the hell are those gloves? Reminds me of some Northwave ones I got were bright orange, lasted about a day before going to a naff faded orange.

These: https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-rc-premium-itd-lf-glove (don't worry, didn't pay anything near that price for them).
    Stevo_666 said:

You jest, however:

This unique fabric is made of knit carbon yarns

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, and quite lucrative too. :)
    So it was only because you were repaying a favour? ;)
  • Stevo_666

step83 said:

These: https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-rc-premium-itd-lf-glove (don't worry, didn't pay anything near that price for them).
    Stevo_666 said:

You jest, however:

Looks like you're screwed then Thistle...
  • darkhairedlord
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

You jest, however:

Looks like you're screwed then Thistle...
    Ffs, Everyone knows steel rides better than carbon. Should have got his mum to knit some from wire-wool.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another glorious day of serious lounging, just finished a book and might start another one. Need to make a statement to legal types pursuing my claim as driver is being an aris' about it. Just means more delays I hope.
    Happy birthday for yesterday Step, sorry to hear about working Spinner.TLW, good luck with the family stuff.
    Time for a beer I think...
  • darkhairedlord
    Finally managed to drag mrs DHL out of IKEA. Its the endless drudgery of staring at tat that grinds you down. a sea of bland in beigetopia.
  • darkhairedlord
    oxoman said:

DHL did you manage to get away with your bank balance intact. Had an unexpected unwelcome surprise doing DIY with eldest today. Found a large wasp,s nest under my workshop roof. Suitably dispatched before OH got home and freaked out.

Bank balance safe. Just some plastic storage boxes and some curtain track. Lucky with wasps nest but you could have used it as a trap of some sort.
  • ballysmate
    70 miles for storage boxes?

• thistle_

Maybe they were really good boxes.

Gloves have had 5 minutes of direct sunlight (it clouded over as soon as I went out) and have been washed and no glitch in the space time continuum has occurred.

• pinno

Maybe they were really good boxes.

Gloves have had 5 minutes of direct sunlight (it clouded over as soon as I went out) and have been washed and no glitch in the space time continuum has occurred.

But you have initiated the birth of a black hole and although it is currently 1/1000th of a micron in diameter, tomorrow England will go and by Friday, our solar system.

I mean seriously - WTAF? A pair of gloves you can't wash very often and you can't expose to sunlight?!
    I mean, mine act as a snot rag and have to be washed, even if they don't need it.
  • pinno
    It's those winter rides innit - when you come back with a crusty streak along the side of your face, depending on wind direction.
  • thistle_
    2 washes now. That black hole's getting bigger :smile:
    It's one way to get rid of all this covid nonsense.

I left a review for the gloves but I don't think it's been published. Just like the review for the "extra large" running shorts which were more like hot pants (sorry, no photos before they got recycled).