tuesday and the pit

'ning

dry, bright on the nippy side for july, but way better than the last few days

ride, cafe, nyt, webexes, a bit of gmc admin, have to pace that otherwise i'll kill someone, again
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hound/run/work/deal with parent - would be nice just to go to the pub
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited July 2020
    Morning , cool definitely an autumnal oxoman, busy again today might get out for a ride tonight if the weather is ok
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    yep, a pleasant autumn morning somehow adrift in july

i blame hermes

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Hermes are delivering my headset today. Unfortunately I dont have fork to put it on after yesterday's debacle. I might just repair my old fork with araldite.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Well at least it's dry and not as windy as last 2 days.
    Still breezy mind, so I will take wind direction into account when planning where I ride today.
    Looks like I shall heed the advice of Horace Greeley.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Hermes are delivering my headset today. Unfortunately I dont have fork to put it on after yesterday's debacle. I might just repair my old fork with araldite.

Add some gaffer tape just to be sure.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, tis a little brisk this morning, shorts were not a smart idea this morning. Bimble planned at lunch might have warmed up then, shall wobble through the woods to the wine merchants and pick up something for later.
    Was meant to yesterday but reasons, urgh anyway apparently its my birthday (who has those on a Tuesday) one saving grace is I don't have to feed the office just me the dog and the OH. Though I think its her cooking not me tonight.

Off to spin around on my chair for the next few hours!
  • tlw1
    Happy birthday step
  • thistle_
    Happy birthday.
    Maybe just stick a cake in front of your webcam on your next Teams call and say that's the office cakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Happy Birthday Step.

Drove into the office this morning, took a bit longer than last time. I blame it on all these selfish people using the road personally. Sitting in a fairly empty office, although one minion has made the journey in.

Dentist this afternoon, will probably be a bit painful.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I won't get bits till Thursday methinks. Supposed to improve at the weekend this weather. Right now it's like early April - windy, some sun in between and rain showers.

If you sell that Benzopause Stevo, you could have a complete new set of gnashers and change in your pocket to buy a decent used tin can from Zuffenhausen.
    It's not the pain in yer mouf is it?

Many happy returns Step.

Has MIL moved in TLW? So you are now country house hotel with saloon bar and care home facilities.

'TLW towers'.

Catchy that.

Prevailing Westerly Bally?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Has MIL moved in TLW? So you are now country house hotel with saloon bar and care home facilities.

'TLW towers'.

Catchy that.

Going over to hers in a minute to speed up getting her into ‘hospital’ - can’t carry on like this, despite SIL resisting because she thinks it’s best she is at home/IMHO just concerned about inheritance
  • thistle_
    Care home with a bar? Sounds like it could be a good business venture.

If it's any help TLW, some type of full time care is probably the best solution. One grandparent refused to move out of her home despite constantly falling down the stairs, leaving the gas on, not knowing who anybody was etc. We had people coming round to check on her all the time but I think she was pretty confused and miserable the whole time.

• darkhairedlord
    The fork problem is a groove 10mm wide by 0.1mm deep worn into the steerer preventing the compression ring from sliding down and adequately tightening the headset. I just need to fill the groove and sand it back flush. I was going to just swap the fork out as it's now 6years old.
  • ballysmate
    Happy birthday Step. Do we all get to eat cakes in celebration or do we just get virtual cake eating.

Yep Pinno, it was a westerly. Stronger than I had anticipated as well.

Oh and if there is anyone from the met office on here - 16 degrees my ar5e!
  • step83
    Thanks everyone, virtual cake for all but a few, ie those in my house. Birthday treat do I stash some pennies away for the possible Campag Ekar I've heard rumours of? 9-42 rear cassette looks fun!

DHL, yes just fill an sand wont have any issues
  • darkhairedlord
    step83 said:

Thanks everyone, virtual cake for all but a few, ie those in my house. Birthday treat do I stash some pennies away for the possible Campag Ekar I've heard rumours of? 9-42 rear cassette looks fun!

Araldite or greens cake mix?
  • ballysmate
    Just had 2 egg custards for Step's birthday.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

'TLW towers'.

Catchy that.

Going over to hers in a minute to speed up getting her into ‘hospital’ - can’t carry on like this, despite SIL resisting because she thinks it’s best she is at home/IMHO just concerned about inheritance
    Tell the SIL she can do all the care if she wants to line her pockets. Might change her view a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I won't get bits till Thursday methinks. Supposed to improve at the weekend this weather. Right now it's like early April - windy, some sun in between and rain showers.

If you sell that Benzopause Stevo, you could have a complete new set of gnashers and change in your pocket to buy a decent used tin can from Zuffenhausen.
    It's not the pain in yer mouf is it?

Many happy returns Step.

'TLW towers'.

Catchy that.

Prevailing Westerly Bally?

Not that bad, but I do have to take antibiotics and Ibuprofen for few days. Didn't hurt but apparently that will start shortly, kind of expected given the amount of force being exerted on my gob with various metal implements.

I'll stick with my Affalterbach tin product for now, ta :smile:
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

'TLW towers'.

Catchy that.

Tell the SIL she can do all the care if she wants to line her pockets. Might change her view a bit.
    She offered to do that on a call with the heathcare team who stepped down (was a surprise to us too) and then when pushed about when she was going to ‘put her life on hold’ as she put it, she said she could come up Thursday and Friday (till 17:00)

You can’t make this shite up
  • pinno

Yep Pinno, it was a westerly. Stronger than I had anticipated as well.

Was it John Wayne or Pet Shop Boys stylee?

• ballysmate
    No gerbils involved.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

'TLW towers'.

Catchy that.

She offered to do that on a call with the heathcare team who stepped down (was a surprise to us too) and then when pushed about when she was going to ‘put her life on hold’ as she put it, she said she could come up Thursday and Friday (till 17:00)

All too common in families sadly.
  • step83

step83 said:

Araldite or greens cake mix?
    Greens cheese cake mix, with the chocolate sauce of course.
  • pinno
    9-42?!

What's that? 9-10-12-14-17-20-23-33-36-39-42 (at a guess).

Is it the Angliru cassette?
  • pinno
    Just had a look:

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/campagnolo-launch-ekar-13-speed-gravel-groupset-275995

It's a gravel 1x13 job.

Surprised really. I thought they got their fingers burnt with the Euclid in the non tarmac category.
    Perhaps vans are off limits for uplifts, re.: soshal distancing innit.
  • step83
    Yeah not going to pass judgement on it as yet, could be interesting
  • thistle_
    I'd wait until someone brings out a 14 speed. You might get a 7-50 then :lol:
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

'TLW towers'.

Catchy that.

All too common in families sadly.
    Yep, where there is a will, there is a way