Pregnant women's group on Zwift?

My partner is pregnant and is getting a bit down/frustrated about losing her social and sporting side. She was previously a high level hockey player and did a lot of running during the summer but as the pregnancy progresses (and lockdown), both of those are out. She has a bike and we have a good turbo set up so I was wondering if anyone knows of any Zwift groups on social rides with other expectant mothers?

Sorry if this seems a random post, but I am not sure where else to ask?

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    There is a Zwift forum which may be a better place to ask?

I know there are Zwift rides for new mums as the adverts come up on my feed but no idea about expectant (the whole thing is not my area of expertise :smile: ).

This one is today at 2.05pm (swift Google...) https://zwift.com/events/view/974475
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    If I were pregnant and using Zwift with a smart turbo (neither of which existed when I was pregnant, so I just put on smaller and smaller gears and got slower and slower on the road) first thing I would do is change my weight to be lighter so that I wasn't working harder than I intended on the climbs or to stay with a group. And/or put a big bailout gear on the turbo hub. She's not racing, so who cares if her weight isn't right! Might have to tweak it if she's dropping everyone effortlessly on easy rides though...

Second thing is get a big fan if you don't have it already. Overheating is one of the biggest risks during pregnancy, so that's the main thing to watch out for.

There are loads of group rides generally aimed at certain w/kg so it's just a matter of finding some with women riders. I know my Zwift Academy group had some pregnant riders! They weren't obviously competing for the Academy spot, but just wanted some incentive to ride plus the social side, plus there was a very active Facebook group too.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    I know of a few women who Zwifted all the way through pregnancy, but don't know of any specific groups. I'd suggest joining in a couple of the ladies only rides and asking there.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

There is a Zwift forum which may be a better place to ask?

I know there are Zwift rides for new mums as the adverts come up on my feed but no idea about expectant (the whole thing is not my area of expertise :smile: ).

This one is today at 2.05pm (swift Google...) https://zwift.com/events/view/974475

I actually read the link properly:

"While these workouts are aimed at expectant mothers, we invite any women who want a less intense, shorter workout to join. This is about sharing experience, asking questions, and staying fit together. All are welcome!"

So looks like it would fit the bill exactly - I guess the question is when/how often they are running them.