Hydro dipping

Anybody attempted this. My matey has just done his Merida and I’m tempted to give my old Tarmac a carbon fibre coating.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    He did it himself ? Looks decent from what I can see from the photos. Presumably your bike is carbon ? Personally I'd not bother with a carbon effect over it. Go with something more exciting.
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    edited July 2020
    fenix said:

He did it himself ? Looks decent from what I can see from the photos. Presumably your bike is carbon ? Personally I'd not bother with a carbon effect over it. Go with something more exciting.

He dipped it in a plasterers bath a sprayed it in his garden. He’s quite arty and this is the second makeover of that particular frame.

My Tarmac is carbon.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Looks like it was assembled in halfords.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Quite impressive if that's your taste. How resilient is the finish ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Is that like airbrushing?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

Is that like airbrushing?

It's nothing at all like airbrushing, Nick. Not even sure why you would ask that...

• Is that like airbrushing?

It's nothing at all like airbrushing, Nick. Not even sure why you would ask that...

Do you fancy furnishing me with your whereabouts, and when, so I can tell you?
  • imposter2.0
    Here we go again, Nick. 26 posts in and you're already in full troll mode...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Underrated comment!*

*assume you're referring to the upside down fork :smile:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • darkhairedlord
    Ben6899 said:

Underrated comment!*

*assume you're referring to the upside down fork :smile:
    Something like that.
  • darkhairedlord
    How do you the faces by dipping it?
  • imposter2.0

The 'faces' (and/or any other colour effects or shapes) are effectively floating on top of the solution, and get pick up by the frame when it's pulled out..
  • darkhairedlord

The 'faces' (and/or any other colour effects or shapes) are effectively floating on top of the solution, and get pick up by the frame when it's pulled out..
    Nah, you're kidding. That's never floated on. YouTube video (or tiktok) or it never happened.
  • imposter2.0

Nah, you're kidding. That's never floated on. YouTube video (or tiktok) or it never happened.
    It's true. Just make sure you use someone else's bathtub... ;)