friday on a planck lattice

'ning

yet more mild and grey, summer's in a rut, its gotta get out of it

ride, coffee, nyt, perhaps another cafe, cafe, relax, may perform act of wfh at some point
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, more rain here and Friday was going to be the best day of the week weather wise
    I was hoping to take some rubbish to the local tip, but you now have to make an appointment, So. Bike riding it will be weather permitting
    Have a good day
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    This is early. For me at least.

Coffee up, load up and get away to experience the joys of Eurotunnel in these different days.

I can see that first draught Hommelbier shimmering away in front of me...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Was planning on a quick spin but its raining and the sky's looking a bit black so maybe not.

Bought a hint CCTV system last night, then 5 minutes later later changed my mind and cancelled the order :confounded:
    Might try and make up my mind again today about what to get.

Also managed to destroy a wheel hub last night trying to change the bearing so might need to look at buying a new one of those too.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice run this morning but obviously didn’t happen as garmin is still funked so it doesn’t appear on Strava

Later is hopefully a few pubs on the random tandem
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, lots of werid stories floating around about Garmin. See what occurs there.
    Work today not from my usual track side location when at Silverstone which is a bit depressing.
    Still get to avoid the mayhem but saying that I usually ride there anyway and get to pedal round the track.

Meh social beers later, do we need straws now we all have to wear masks? Or just do some osmosis?
  • thistle_
    I've just been hit by the Garmin issue too.
    Oxo it's their servers that are down - activities can't get uploaded to Garmin, and then Garmin won't send it to Strava.

Apparently it's a ransomware attack which sounds quite serious.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    morning all, sorry to hear of the garmin attack. More seriously I waited in all day for my Wiggle delivery only for some b'stard to steal the Hermes van just around the corner from me. I blame...... Hopefully bits will appear today but more waiting indoors rather than doing stuff in the garden with power tools.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Morning Early Birds,

None of this getting up at the crack of dawn for me. Enjoying a large coffee while listening to a technical webinar presented by people with rather 'Eurotrash' accents. Will need to do some real work later.

Roll on the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    BSI committee meeting until lunchtime. Still, saves staring out of the window for my wiggle delivery.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Actually watched a VAT webinar with the OH and found it so riveting, don't know how she copes. Suspect she feels the same when I'm doing safety zoning for automated processes. Garmin deserves to be held to ransom over some of there stuff.

Can be like watching paint dry but some people like this stuff and luckily I've got a couple of bods who do VAT so I can largely avoid it. This one was nearly as bad though, trouble was there were some relevant bits so I had to listen.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Actually watched a VAT webinar with the OH and found it so riveting, don't know how she copes. Suspect she feels the same when I'm doing safety zoning for automated processes. Garmin deserves to be held to ransom over some of there stuff.

Can be like watching paint dry but some people like this stuff and luckily I've got a couple of bods who do VAT so I can largely avoid it. This one was nearly as bad though, trouble was there were some relevant bits so I had to listen.
    I had one the other evening showing how to model bridge collapses by computer. The GF liked the animations of things falling over, and this classic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VRuPDVz964

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

I had one the other evening showing how to model bridge collapses by computer. The GF liked the animations of things falling over, and this classic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VRuPDVz964

Damn sight more interesting than a webinar on EU mandatory tax disclosures!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Definitely better than VAT and VAT liabilities within the legal sector. I get subjected to similar safety breach videos. I can't compete against demolition clips though.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPkKV6wvLxI

Good marks for inventiveness and creativity though :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh and ealing with too many idiots, at least when an idiot is on the phone I can take a break and browse t'interweb whist they dribble on.
    EPO has the day off getting things ready for the holiday. I'll load the car up later and off to the tunnel in the morning. Probably won't be posting much whilst away as I'll be far too busy relaxing.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    enjoy the hols

i'm counting the days now, another week and a bit
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    oxoman said:

Definitely better than VAT and VAT liabilities within the legal sector. I get subjected to similar safety breach videos. I can't compete against demolition clips though.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPkKV6wvLxI

Absolutely brilliant.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh and ealing with too many idiots, at least when an idiot is on the phone I can take a break and browse t'interweb whist they dribble on.
    EPO has the day off getting things ready for the holiday. I'll load the car up later and off to the tunnel in the morning. Probably won't be posting much whilst away as I'll be far too busy relaxing.

Enjoy V.

Hope the dodgy wrist doesn't give you too much jip when driving.
  • darkhairedlord
    Fing wiggle and hermes. Neither has contacted me about my stuff and cant get hold of either of them. On another note, my other wiggle order turned up and actually had haribo for the first time about 6 months.
  • thistle_

Fing wiggle and hermes. Neither has contacted me about my stuff and cant get hold of either of them. On another note, my other wiggle order turned up and actually had haribo for the first time about 6 months.

Blame wiggle.

Didn't realise they used Hermes, thought it was usually Royal Mail.