Trying to find out what year my bike is....

Hi all, I am knew to Mountain Biking and I recently bought a used mountain bike, a Specialized Enduro Comp. I am trying to figure out what year it is, and get the specs on the different components. I don't know if there is a difference, but I am in Germany and the bike was originally sold here in Germany. I am having the rear shock rebuilt, and will be taking the forks in for rebuild (hopefully) as well as both are leaking.

I have checked a few different sites but haven't found anything that matches exactly as far as components. It maybe that components were swapped out, but I do not know and cannot identify them.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Overall old, with some newer bits. The frame is probably from the late 90s or early 2000s, I'm not sure exactly when Specialized stopped putting V brake mounts on. The first 9 speed Shimano drivetrains came out around that time, so some of that could be original, but the cranks are definitely newer, SLX didn't exist at that time. It's going to be pretty much impossible to say whether any particular component is original or has been replaced.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited July 2020
    I think whyamihere is pretty much on the money. Check this out on the evolution of Specialized and scroll down to the year 2000 version:-

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/the-evolution-of-the-specialized-enduro-2016.html
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I'd say it is a year 2000 model that has had a few parts changed/upgraded.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited July 2020
    I had that Megadrive on a Trek cruiser bike I bought in 2005, never seen it before or since. (Of course, that does not mean it wasn't out there).
  • ToneC
    ToneC Posts: 33
    I had a similar Manitou fork to the one shown I bought for my Rockhopper around 99-00 .
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'd agree, parts and bike are very early noughties, the SLX cranks are a stand out as not being original.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.