'ning

looks like mild but gloomygrey continues

ride, coffee, webex, sort out more stuff for hols

i have resolved to drink more port
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a little blue sky but mainly cloud, the garden shed needs cleaning out and reorganising so that’s today’s job
    Have agood day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Another moist morning but greeted by a rainbow when I opened the curtains.
    Means all my kit on the washing line is going to be soaked as there was no mention of rain in the forecast last night.

Weighed in my old full suss yesterday. A £1000 frameset only gets you £2 as scrap these days.

WFH today and that's about it.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited July 2020
    Morning. WFH, turbo, Zoom with family. Need to give someone my number as well - thought I'd done that on Monday. Yeh work is a bit busy!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk/run/work and then probably deal with MIL again.

Yesterday she ran away twice and thankfully one time was when she was being assessed by the healthcare team - this should speed up the inevitable outcome.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Not good times tlw, lot of stress in that type of situation, best wishes.

Felt bleepin' crackered yesterday, need a holiday. Oh wait, what's this? D-1 until the Belgian weekender! Woo and hoo. Beers, bike rides, good food, good fun.

Today will be getting prepped. Tough eh?
  • tlw1
    Cheers chaps - don’t worry, still smiling
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    You have my very best wishes, @tlw1 - my uncle, who I absolutely adored, had Alzheimer's and it's a difficult road.

@pinno are you sodding off to Belgium!?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    tlw1 said:

Cheers chaps - don’t worry, still smiling

I know the problems you must be facing - my old dear kept saying she was being kept against her will in the care home and wanted to go home (despite being totally unable to look after herself), so the courts got involved. Try to avoid that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Busy morning but has now eased off until I head to the dentist for more wallet removal procedures. May go for a run tonight to blow away the cobwebs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Doing stuff for several jobs all at once is never productive.

Neighbors at work are having a tree chopped down, as it happens my mate works for the firm doing the work so I'll get a good tonne or so of logs nicely chopped up free of charge (and effort).

Must sort mountain bike type stuff out later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020
    Wallet now lighter although at least my teeth don't hurt. Will go running in a bit and shift some lard.

In other news, junior hound has claimed his 4th feathered victim and now has a pigeon, 2 blackbirds and a duckling on his rap sheet (the duckling survived but probably needs counselling). I'm convinced that Gnasher must have been a cat in a past life.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Highlight of my day was being relieved of £135 by the bloke who fixed the cooker*. Ordinarily I would be pissed off but if it couldn't be repaired, the alternative was 2 grand for a replacement so I count that as a win.

*The 'cooker, in this instance, was not Mrs B
  • tlw1

Highlight of my day was being relieved of £135 by the bloke who fixed the cooker*. Ordinarily I would be pissed off but if it couldn't be repaired, the alternative was 2 grand for a replacement so I count that as a win.

*The 'cooker, in this instance, was not Mrs B

Rangemaster?
  • ballysmate
    Yep
  • ballysmate
    I had diagnosed the problem, correctly as it happens :) as a faulty fsd. A trawl of t'internet of the usual suspects (espares etc and even rangemaster) suggested that the part was no longer available.
    Local engineer attended and replaced the knackered part and told me there is an independent company still making them.
    The cooker was bought to fit exactly along a wall space and I would have had to replace like for like if it couldn't be repaired.
    Much relieved.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I have no idea what's wrong with this arrangement:

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I have no idea what's wrong with this arrangement:

How do you manage with just one hob?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Hob no. 2 is just off the edge of the picture on the right.
    Looks like a no. 2 as well.