Flat Pedal Advice

I am looking to make the move from XTR Trail Pedals and just wanted to know your suggestions, Sam Hill Nukeproof seem to get a lot of good reviews - Look forward to your recommendations.
So Far!

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited July 2020
    I've used Nukeproof Electrons/Neutrons (composite) pedals for years without issues. All my Buddies now use them too.

Full list of replacement internals available if needed and often on sale. My last set were only £22.

Still going strong two years on and only took them apart once for a routine clean and re-grease.

Reckon you can't go wrong with the Sam Hill version if your not a fan of composites.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    They are all much the same. I have used DMR V8 and V12, Shimano Saint and Superstar Nano and Nano-X. Apart from the original Nanos that were a bit narrow, they all feel the same when pedalling and offer the same grip.
    I’d recommend getting whatever colour you like the best and at the best price you can find.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    I've had DMR Vaults for years now, starting from about ten years ago when I got a voucher with the bike that was the same value as the pedals. I liked them so much that I bought another pair for my other bike. As bikes came and went I transferred the pedals. I had bought the same colour scheme, black with blue pins for both sets and consequently after a few years I can't tell them apart. I have replaced bearings three times for the pair of them, but whether that is one set three times or what, I have no idea. the platform is nice and wide, but thin. I've had loads of pedal strikes, collisions with hidden stumps and rocks etc, but the axles are still true. They are a doddle to service. Spares from RullaBearings.com

But from reading many other threads on this topic, the most commonly bought flat pedals appear to be the "Nano" from Superstar Components.

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Also consider what shoes you will wear with flat pedals. The ‘tackiness’ and density of the rubber sole has a huge affect on how good the grip between pedal and shoe is.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • loltoride
    loltoride Posts: 460
    I was looking at the Scott Volt Shoe which has Boa laces but unable to find any reviews or a shoe by Suplest. Unfortunately I have no Idea how good they are.
    So Far!
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    Consider these. When my current pair of Shimnao AM42 wear out and the spare pair in the bike cupboard also wear out, then these will be what I'd get (id they are still for sale).

As always with Tredz, wait and the screen will fill with a £5 off voucher on your next purchase of £30 or more.
  • loltoride
    loltoride Posts: 460

Consider these. When my current pair of Shimnao AM42 wear out and the spare pair in the bike cupboard also wear out, then these will be what I'd get (id they are still for sale).

As always with Tredz, wait and the screen will fill with a £5 off voucher on your next purchase of £30 or more.

They look good but looking for flats without clipless option, If i go that way well overdue me trying. I am going to try the Multi Release Cleats first to see if that gives more pedal release speed.
    So Far!