tuesday recounting the strange tale of the great pineapple of averoigne

'ning

ride, café, nyt, stroll, café, stuff, stroll, café, stuff, relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, much cooler clear skies though , busy day ahead hopefully fit a ride in this evening
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Community nursing visits twice a day hopefully starting today for the MIL, sister in law finally going to visit despite childcare issues - as her husband is a trust fund baby and doesn’t work, can’t quite work out the issues 🤬
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    tlw1 said:

Community nursing visits twice a day hopefully starting today for the MIL, sister in law finally going to visit despite childcare issues - as her husband is a trust fund baby and doesn’t work, can’t quite work out the issues 🤬

MIL = free babysitting for the kids. Or maybe it's the other way around.
    Glad it sounds like something's getting sorted now though.
  • thistle_
    'Ning
    Pretty tired after going out for a ride last night trying to spot the comet of a generation, which was harder to see than a cadence sensor lost in the forest.
    Got back just after midnight and the view from home was just as good/bad :neutral:

WFH, drop car for MOT then get back somehow.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

MIL = free babysitting for the kids. Or maybe it's the other way around.
    Glad it sounds like something's getting sorted now though.
    Cheers
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited July 2020
    Busy day, not helped by the bloke from the council contractors sent to cut the verges whose mower flicked up a stone and smashed the rear window on Stropteens car. At least the bloke rang the doorbell and 'fessed up, so glass replacement people are coming round this evening, all arranged by the contractors.

On the downside I now have to transport the hounds to and from the poodle parlour where they're getting shaved this afternoon. Hey ho.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

On the downside I now have to transport the hounds to and from the poodle parlour where they're getting shaved this afternoon. Hey ho.

Can't they make do with a COVID grade 1 all over like the rest of us?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Can't they make do with a COVID grade 1 all over like the rest of us?
    Apparently not - though they need it cut fairly short in the warm weather, especially with them having black fur. Junior had a go with the clippers a few weeks back but didn't feel confident enough to do heads and faces, so they're a bit out of proportion just now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Just like shearing a sheep surely. So glad mine doesn't have long hair.

Body and legs are easy enough. Face, ears, tail and the 'dogs bollox' region are a bit trickier....
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Nah, the dog's bollox is having an after work gravel bimble with Daughter #1 followed by a barbie and a couple of beers, on a school night. Tick.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Nah, the dog's bollox is having an after work gravel bimble with Daughter #1 followed by a barbie and a couple of beers, on a school night. Tick.

A spot of MTB lite? There's hope for you yet :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening folks,
    Stupidly busy day was followed by a visit to a pub garden for beer and food on expenses. Not all bad then.
    Good luck with family issues TLW, try not to swing for the bro in law TLW they tend to remember that kind of thing however much they deserve it :D
  • tlw1

Evening folks,
    Stupidly busy day was followed by a visit to a pub garden for beer and food on expenses. Not all bad then.
    Good luck with family issues TLW, try not to swing for the bro in law TLW they tend to remember that kind of thing however much they deserve it :D

:)

Couldn’t anyway as the didn’t come up so we had to go over 🤬
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

A spot of MTB lite? There's hope for you yet :)
    😊 Still have my 1997 vintage Marin Mount Vision full sus; currently loaned to my lazy arris brother as he wants to try some of this biking malarkey. Been revisiting some lumpy routes and remembering it was a bit more fluid with a non-rigid. What goes around...