Can't get brakes to pull tight

Hi all

Not strictly a MTB question but probably fits better here.

I can't get the brakes to pull tight on our Yuba Mundo. (They have V-brakes). I have changed the pads but he levers are still really loose - gone through all the usual re-setting by tightening the cable etc but hey need jamming on!

I wondered if they could need a new cable?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    take them to a lbs
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Your description makes no sense.

What on earth does 'pull tight' even mean? What is a loose lever (other than one that needs the bar clamp bolt tightened?) and what does 'jamming on' mean'?

If you mean the lever travel is too long, you need to tension the cable, wither with the adjuster or by reclamping the cable tighter (with the adjuster wound most of the way in so you can still use it).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Or you have corrosion in the brake cable. Cheap and easy to replace both inner and outer.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009