monday there is no time, there is only change

'ning

think roads should be dry, may be a sunny day

ride, cafe, nyt, wfh, perhaps a bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cool lovely clear sky , cycling later a few plants and a tree to plant this morning.
    Have a nice day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Back to work but thankfully we may get rid of the MIL as it’s been ferkin hard work. Last night locking doors at 11:30 as she wanted to go to the pub 😂
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    But you have an in built pub?

Ferkin whacked. A day of trying to find stuff for toots that is actually open. Malaig Ferry fully booked to March 2027.

Will pop along to see the Glenfinnian viaduct.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Much to do, metal to draw, metal to order. Nobody to shout at as the works is empty = good.

Might book a chunnel trip as we decided its probably safer than the overnight ferry.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    On a 3 hour call which is just a listening job. Then got another one this afternoon. Joy. At least there's an hour in between for lunch. Should at least get some work done in the background.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

Will pop along to see the Glenfinnan viaduct.

FTFY
    Watch out for flying Ford Angleboxes. Time it for the steam train crossing?

Admin, sort things day. D-4 to the rescheduled Belgian jaunt. On a Eurotunnel fare twice the price we normally pay. Bleepin' school holidays.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

I know 😂
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

On a 3 hour call which is just a listening job. Then got another one this afternoon. Joy. At least there's an hour in between for lunch. Should at least get some work done in the background.

Or some Zwift/RGT/Rouvy :smiley:
    If it's just listening the Webex mobile app works great while out riding.
  • thistle_
    'ning
    Ride, dodge the dark clouds, WFH, investigate CCTV.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    tlw1 said:

Back to work but thankfully we may get rid of the MIL as it’s been ferkin hard work. Last night locking doors at 11:30 as she wanted to go to the pub 😂

Ferkin, pub, 11:30 I'm so confused.

Also I'm cold today, shorts are not a good idea as theres a nasty cold breeze freezing my legs, off to change, I may get distracted an drive off down to the other village an get a hot sausage roll though.
    Also reminds me after seeing some people earlier I need a new mask dog decided mine was nicer chewed.

Currently I'm down to this which may not go down to well

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Don't do any of this Zwift stuff, it's out on a real ride or nothing. Anyhow we ditched Webex for Teams earlier this year...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

I know 😂
    As the saying goes, you're about as likely to move as a Frenchman living next door to a brothel :)
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Don't do any of this Zwift stuff, it's out on a real ride or nothing. Anyhow we ditched Webex for Teams earlier this year...
    Our CEO has done the same and the Teams app won't work on our phones properly.
  • homers_double
    Question for the masses: If a car route from Calais to Italy took you within 10 or so miles of the Roubaix velodrome would you visit?

Is it likely to be the **** hole it's supposed to be or worth of my time?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1

Question for the masses: If a car route from Calais to Italy took you within 10 or so miles of the Roubaix velodrome would you visit?

Is it likely to be the **** hole it's supposed to be or worth of my time?

It is a shite hole, but some loverly places just outside where you can ride the cobbles and def worth a visit
  • homers_double
    To clarify, I'll be in the car at that point with the bike wrapped up in a box.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    But the Roubaix velodrome is a shrine.
    You must go to kiss the concrete and hail 'i'm not worthy' for the legends that have rattled around it, some victorious, many disappointing and exhausted...

cont p94
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Suggest if you do park up there make sure your boxed bike is secured. One of the Velonews guys got his bike nicked there when entered for the sportive.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

Will pop along to see the Glenfinnan viaduct.

FTFY
    Watch out for flying Ford Angleboxes. Time it for the steam train crossing?

Admin, sort things day. D-4 to the rescheduled Belgian jaunt. On a Eurotunnel fare twice the price we normally pay. Bleepin' school holidays.
    Shlip of the digit there 'Loon.

I would like to time it with the steam engine - failed today. Saw it stationed at Malaig though.
  • step83
    oxoman said:

Step, your the guy who nicked my mask then.

My bad, you did leave it there though.

Much of a faffing day, though some fun shenanigans in the garage as it appears I can shoehorn some 27.5 wheels onto an old 26" frame, which is a nice bonus.

Some irritating news on the garage the roof is sagging along the peak and middle joists. Fixable just annoying.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Walk along leafy canal with Mrs B, catching sight of kingfishers, er fishing. Followed by pub lunch in sunny court yard washed down with a few pints of Proper Job.
    Had worse days.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

oxoman said:

Much of a faffing day, though some fun shenanigans in the garage as it appears I can shoehorn some 27.5 wheels onto an old 26" frame, which is a nice bonus.

Some irritating news on the garage the roof is sagging along the peak and middle joists. Fixable just annoying.
    You're not having much luck with that shed are you?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

step83 said:

oxoman said:

Didn't someone say the same about your car? :p
  • step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

oxoman said:

Nope, I'll get a friend round who's a structural engineer I reckon it's just age sag I can't see anything ominous I'll put the partition in an it can treat on that pair of 2x6 or even a pair of tall fence posts will do the job.
    To be fair it's least 30 years old an hasn't caved in so I can't see it suddenly deciding seppuku is the was forward.
  • thistle_
    If you've got the headroom, put some timbers across just above the wall to tie the rafters together and stop them spreading out.
    Then you've also got some roof level storage space.

Or treat yourself to sone shiny new insulated panels https://www.kingspan.com/gb/en-gb/products/insulated-panel-systems/insulated-roof-panels/insulated-roof-tile-ks1000-rt