saturday is passing through both slits

'ning

mild and dry start again, hurrah

at dawn ride up and down, swig coffee, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, rain it mild , if it stops raining no doubt I will be out on the bike, visiting family later
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Long ish run and fun bike later and in between babysitting a 75 yr old
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Now raining here so I think the thread title has a typo.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Raining here too though the view is stunning.

This is proper Jockland this is.
    What a stunning drive up the Argyle peninsula yesterday.
    A830 - A83, A82 Glen Coe.

If you've never been this way, then you should. It's hard to imagine paces like Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester exist on the same island.

SG - I know you like the land of the Tabby and the arid, sun soaked Tenerife but this is gorgeous. And, great cycling country.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ssshhh, don't tell 'em. Don't want hordes of covid-ridden Ingerlaanders flocking in and spoiling the tranquillity. 😉

Lazy start, still grey but due to get sunnier soon. Today I think will be a bit of gravelling, got a couple of unknown options I've spotted to explore and try out, and combine with tracks I've not been on in years. Good to be able to take these turns off the tarmac one spots while passing on the roadie and thinking mmmm, maybe.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    pinno said:

Raining here too though the view is stunning.

This is proper Jockland this is.
    What a stunning drive up the Argyle peninsula yesterday.
    A830 - A83, A82 Glen Coe.

If you've never been this way, then you should. It's hard to imagine paces like Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester exist on the same island.

SG - I know you like the land of the Tabby and the arid, sun soaked Tenerife but this is gorgeous. And, great cycling country.

Agree amazing cycling up there, fort William for fun bike and then the road bike for jogle
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed.
    Looks quite nice out, going to see the old dear later for something to eat in the garden. Hope the weather holds.
    Got some wheels to fix for a mate as the spokes turned up yesterday.
  • sungod said:

'ning

mild and dry start again, hurrah

at dawn ride up and down, swig coffee, laze

04.11?

Sungod, do you ever sleep?
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • Clouding up in Ost London. Garden, then build the Gitane back up. Shopping first, with obligatory mask.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    edited July 2020
    near death experience zooming downhill, utter idiot driver coming the other way decided to pass the traffic island on the wrong side of the road, three positives:
    1) no collision
    2) driver side window was open to receive my abuse as i hurtled past
    3) choc macaron with my coffee

forecast blue skies yet to appear
    pinno said:

lovely but mostly damp, think it's rained every time i've been there, for decades

04.11?

Sungod, do you ever sleep?

less and less as i get older, especially in summer, though i still tend to wake before sunrise
  • Wow. And there is me finally falling asleep at 04.00.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    oxoman said:

Jockland has lovely cycling but the midges are more evil than sturgeon.

I'll take Scotland with midges and no Wee Jimmy Krankie rather than the other way round.

Decent lie in, bank, barber's, charity shop drop off then coffee and bacon sarni at my newly reopened local caff. Now having a break and peace before dogs and ladies return.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    orraloon said:

Ssshhh, don't tell 'em. Don't want hordes of covid-ridden Ingerlaanders flocking in and spoiling the tranquillity. 😉

Don't they need a few to replace all the Sweaties who've come down here to live? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    That was a fun couple of hours on the road -> gravel semiconversion. Couple of v handy bridleways discovered, one of which takes out need to traverse a couple of miles of busy narrow A road, plus bonus another bridleway takes one past a local microbrewery, off road!

Got a v dusty bike to fettle now.

Lucky break SG. It's shite like that that keeps nagging me to get a helmet or bar cam.
  • pinno
    In an incident with a Jaguar driver who went around the roundabout, 3rd exit, not indicating, I managed to pull along side him on the drivers side at some traffic ligths.
    He had his window down. I said "nice car, what did you pay for it?" to which he replied in a smarmy fashion "yeah, it is, isn't it - more than you could afford" whilst looking me up and down.
    I told him that he ought to get a refund, he said 'why' and I told him that his indicators didn't work.
    I did a quick Ue to the sound of effing and blinding.
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Don't they need a few to replace all the Sweaties who've come down here to live? :)
    Already got loads of white settlers diluting the purity. 😉
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    sky went blue before 1200, pleasant bask, london quiet

• pinno
    Sun, rain, sun, rain etc.

Took Tricky a wild walk over rocks and craggy things next to Loch Sheil. No paths - just the odd sheep trail.
    Frikkin knackered.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Rained all day here. Standard.

Stupidly joined the zwift etape without checking the route/profile first.
    The pro races were ok to watch too this weekend.
  • pinno
    Tomorrow up Ben Ardhuighalloracarachlemorcrag. Or something like that.
    Tricky and I are going, whatever the weather.
    I had best invest in some dark chocolate Kit Kat. That's the stuff she will walk over hot lava for.