thursday quantum fields maketh the pineapple

'ning

still way too cool and gloomy, july nul points on weather so far

ride coffee nyt webex, stuff, considering starting on the wine at lunch
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, gloomy here as well, hedge still to finish after rain lashing down yesterday morning, so much for July being the hottest on record the weather men want sacking :)
    Have a good day
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Good morning all. Another lovely day in paradise.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with hounds then run. Now work with lots of interruptions from a concerned wife again
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Quick potter on the bike this morning. Weather was weird, a bit of blue sky but could see the whiteout of rain in the direction I was heading but didn't seem to be raining when I got there.
    Nearly ended up in a couple of good head on smashes. Not me personally but people overtaking me on double whites on blind bends when surprise surprise a lorry's coming the other way.

Back to WFH today. Got a meeting this afternoon, would be nice to Zwift it but legs are sore :disappointed:

Oxo, apparently sticking your horse in the hot tub is a thing. Maybe the dog would be more inclined for a wash if you had one?
    https://www.insider.com/the-internet-is-collectively-losing-it-over-this-luxury-horse-spa-2018-7
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Cool, Gloomy, March still isn't it? Hope it cheers up by May be a terrible summer if it carries on like this.

Anyway I keep finding brick dust in my hair after starting to clean up the copious volumes from the hole cutting the other week, need to find the wet dry vac for that really.
    Hassle but it'll be worth it
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

How dare you intimate I'm not clean, I had a wash at the beginning of lockdown :D

:lol:

• thistle_
    step83 said:

Cool, Gloomy, March still isn't it? Hope it cheers up by May be a terrible summer if it carries on like this.

Anyway I keep finding brick dust in my hair after starting to clean up the copious volumes from the hole cutting the other week, need to find the wet dry vac for that really.
    Hassle but it'll be worth it

A grade 0 all over will sort out the brick dust in your hair problem.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I did me a grade 0 just yesterday.
    I looked in the mirror and though 'the years haven't been kind to me'.

...so much for July being the hottest on record...

Reading the Mail again LD?!

Today will be mowstly sorting the 'oliday itinerererary.

It is grey today. It is the greyist shade of grey imaginable. Makes John Major look positively colourful.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Hang on, the dog is called MacDonalds?!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    pinno said:

Hang on, the dog is called MacDonalds?!

Maybe it's from Korea?

On the corporate hamster wheel again today, I suppose it's good exercise. Dogs have been loaned out for the day as the girls are going out somewhere so less interruptions from either barking or moaning :smile:

Just looking at the newly unveiled AMG GT Black Series and wondering whether my car could benefit from being driven through Halfords with a magnet attached...
    https://pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/mercedes-amg-gt-black-series-officially-unveiled/42761

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Ooh look at dat - trying to be a 911 Turbo. ROFL.
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020
    pinno said:

Does look like it's nicked the rear wing off a GT2 RS. Mind you, 730hp and a sub 7 min lap time round the 'Ring* aren't to be sniffed at.

(* that's Nurburgring, not pineapple ring for sg's benefit).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Does look like it's nicked the rear wing off a GT2 RS. Mind you, 730hp and a sub 7 min lap time round the 'Ring aren't to be sniffed at.
    I like it 😎
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited July 2020
    pinno said:

...so much for July being the hottest on record...

Reading the Mail again LD?!
    No pinno listening to the bbc weatherman, obviously he read it in the Mail

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Mmm, I do like a bit of horse meat. Still not sure why people over here get so upset about it.
    Another busy day of wfh, just had to look away from my emails for a bit so looking at nonsense on here. Good night in a pub garden was had and the traditional Thursday hangover has subsided.
    Nearly afternoon, should probably go in search of some scoff
    oxoman said:

How dare you intimate I'm not clean, I had a wash at the beginning of lockdown :D

Good way to force social distancing making a mask irrelevant :D
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Does look like it's nicked the rear wing off a GT2 RS. Mind you, 730hp and a sub 7 min lap time round the 'Ring aren't to be sniffed at.
    I like it 😎
    Me too, has a bit of attitude. Pity you can't fit 'GT2 RS is for wimps' on a number plate. Price could make it a bit tricky though :dizzy:
  • step83
    oxoman said:

πŸ€”Anyway it looks like Steps the dirty one, he's admitting to lumps of brick in his hair.πŸ˜‰ Grade zero and dust sheets should stop both issues.😏

Did a Grade 0 once, never again I have some rather severe scarring across my head from when I was a kid, tends to prompt a lot of questions. Nothing sinister unless you count my dad slamming the boot of an Austin Metro as sinister :D

May explain a few things with me though!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I like it 😎
    Me too, has a bit of attitude. Pity you can't fit 'GT2 RS is for wimps' on a number plate. Price could make it a bit tricky though :dizzy:
    Yep, if attitude is synonymous with middle aged bloke with little d1ck.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    oxoman said:

Step, wonder how many people on here will remember the metro.

We're not all just kids on here you know.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I like it 😎
    Yep, if attitude is synonymous with middle aged bloke with little d1ck.
    Don't go all Cake Stop on us Bally.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    oxoman said:

Step, wonder how many people on here will remember the metro.

My first ever company car was a Metro. It was sheeit. Even more sheeit when after being head on-ed by a motor bike, no serious injuries inc for the pillion girl who landed behind the car, when it got repaired the f-wits didn't replace the damaged electrical thing, forget what it was called, coil? that the A1 designers had placed on the front of the transverse engine block, just turned it round so the massive dent was hidden. Multiple breakdowns followed before discovered the cause. 1982. Xxxx me almost 40 years ago.
  • pinno
    "...the finesse of a thumb in the eye..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2kFJRc5AQ
  • Stevo_666
    My folks had one. It was shit so I persuaded them to buy a 205 GTI after that :)
  • step83
    sounds about right for a metro, was funny mum had that and dad had a V12 XJS, so a slight disparity in cars there, think the metro was an A reg it was that horrible yellow as well.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Ah, Quentin Wilson!

Brings back the memories. It was a crock of shite. I was a very junior person so a company car! Yes please. Previous had been student era wrecks. I seem to recall it was a choice between base model Metro or base model 205 and maybe I fell for it, waved the flag and went Metro. Silly boy.

Maybe the little Ingerlaander botster should look for a multihand one because y'know flag wave. And how many of those rust buckets would still exist?
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

sounds about right for a metro, was funny mum had that and dad had a V12 XJS, so a slight disparity in cars there, think the metro was an A reg it was that horrible yellow as well.

Sounds about right. Wouldn't want wifey putting dents in a nice new Jaaag. I apply a similar principle at home o:)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    orraloon said:

Maybe the little Ingerlaander botster should look for a multihand one because y'know flag wave.

You know he rides a Canyon? Talks the talk but won't put his money where his mouth is.