wednesday who was that masked man

'ning

ride coffee nyt and webexes, yawn
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine and brightening up, I just need to finish off one hedge, bike ride and dentist appointment later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, shoot sleep, mostly spent googling the MILs forgetfulness, temper, etc - all leads in one direction, but getting her to a doctors may be a challenge

Later is probably a blast on the TT bike
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    tlw1 said:

Meh, shoot sleep, mostly spent googling the MILs forgetfulness, temper, etc - all leads in one direction, but getting her to a doctors may be a challenge

Have the same scenario with my MiL. Everyone in the family apart from her, sees the problem.
  • tlw1
    Cheers dudes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning from the dull mainly flat heck of the Bucks Beds borderlands. Strong coffee required today due to naff sleep. Currently sat on in the garden with the laptop wrapped up in a jacket, Its bloody mid July! Michael Fish as a lot to answer for.

Anyway onward to some form of work, Mr builder man has done his job and it appears the window now repels water as to transporting it inside so I can set to with the hoover later an clean up in there.

TLW, hopefully its just normal MIL attributes an nothing more.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning. WFH.

Waitrose delivery, coffee, carbs, tech emails. Maybe IT support will fix my laptop at some point today.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    tlw1 said:

Not good if it is what you think it is :(

Might be worth seeing if you can get her to sign those enduring powers of attorney for finance and health, makes it much easier to help.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Might be worth seeing if you can get her to sign those enduring powers of attorney for finance and health, makes it much easier to help.
    Went down that path last year, but there is a sister with a desire for inheritance greater than care.....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Went down that path last year, but there is a sister with a desire for inheritance greater than care.....

Then long term p of a has to be placed with the right person.

Frikkin damp here. Got a roof top Thule to fit to the porker.
    really need to pedal.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Seem to be a common problem in families (I could only argue with myself at the time thankfully). I guessed you'd know about the PoA stuff but worth a mention just in case.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Apologies for yesterday absence folks, I had a zoom meeting with a nice man who set about educating me on the finer points of Smart Motorways.

Then I dismantled the shed ready for a bigger one.

Already done five point five hours of seemingly nothing at work, onwards hopefully to something nice for dinner.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'noon

Busy morning designing and printing various random things.

Moist first thing and has been getting more drippy during the day. Seems to be drying up a bit now so might venture outside.

Scottish Power have been back again this morning, twice, with their big pokey sticks to prod the transformer a bit more. Still don't know what's going on but the power hasn't gone off again and I don't think anyone got electrocuted.
  • pinno
    I'm going to f*ck off on my bike and hope that I don't get too wet or mangled. It's windy too. If I want a TWH, i'll have to hit hills.

MTFU, I told myself.
  • Stevo_666

Apologies for yesterday absence folks, I had a zoom meeting with a nice man who set about educating me on the finer points of Smart Motorways.

Plod?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Back to wfh again, busy as the proverbial one armed juggler again. Then my work laptop stopped talking to the work system so a few moments of thumb twiddling.
    Pub later as it's Wednesday, garden with all the social distancing measures in place. Being served by the lad will mean I don't have to distance from one member of staff. Shame he's a big ugly hairy oik.
    A virtual speed awareness course HD? That sounds incredibly dull, how did you stay awake?
    Anyway connection is back, onwards and upwards...
  • pinno
    I MTFUpped. I'm knackered but feel good.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited July 2020
    Did the Virtual TdF Stage 3 discovery ride on Zwift.

~4W/kg for most of it. Wondering what to have for dinner.

Cat is on antibiotics as well. Poor little bu99er.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976

A virtual speed awareness course HD? That sounds incredibly dull, how did you stay awake?

I'm not quite sure, to be fair it was only two hours all in and the guy running it was alright as he's a northerner.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

I'm not quite sure, to be fair it was only two hours all in and the guy running it was alright as he's a northerner.

Latitudist! :D
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020
    oxoman said:

I take it you got the nasty pictures to show the after effects of excess speed. We used to have annual driver awareness training for company drivers that included the same.

As Clarkson used to say; it's not speed that kills, it's coming to a sudden halt that gets you. I resisted the temptation to say that when I went on my course.