Cheap Aggressive Hardtail Frame?

fil_b
fil_b Posts: 34
edited July 2020 in MTB buying advice
Hi. I want to look at building an Aggressive Hardtail but want some suggestions on a cheap frame (£100-150) to start with?

Want 27.5” wheels so I can swap stuff with my mega if needed

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Phil

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Well if you want anything vaguely decent you're looking at used.
    Many 26" frames will take a 27.5 wheel and tyre, especially if they were originally designed to have a front mech.

Nearest I could find new was a Brand X from CRC, reasonably modern GEO but designed for a 120mm fork.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • fil_b
    Used is what I was expecting for me to learn on

Was looking at onone but nothing there

Was after other suggestions
  • The Rookie
    edited July 2020
    On-one is the obvious, Ragley, Cotic, Dartmoor.
    Have a look on Pinkbike, I just spotted a few, a Ragley Bagger for £150 and a Dartmoor Primal for £300 (with forks, dropper plus a few other bits) for example.
    https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?region=5&q=hardtail&category=6
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • fil_b
    Never been on there. Thanks
  • The Rookie
    I've bought quite a lot of stuff on there... like any classifieds it's caveat emptor of course, but never had a problem.