monday is only more monday

'ning

dry, not nippy

ride, cafes, webexes, the continuum
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another cracking start to the day blue sky not much cloud cannot beat it, dog already walked, ride later followed by some relaxation
    Have a good week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pouring down here and probably heading your way LD but sungod looks like he might miss out.

WFH today, not much else.

Finally broke up my old MTB yesterday. Anyone need some bike bits for a commuter/pub bike?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    If LD and Thistle are at the ends of the weather spectrum, I seem to be dead centre.
    Just like my politics.
  • ballysmate
    oxoman said:

Morning All, off shift so pottering about today. Started nice out but turning cloudy, I will be out punishing myself later for abusing the scales.

Self flagellation - you can't beat it.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    semisunny ride, stroll time i think

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Started off sunny and now it's pi$$ing down.
    Sorry to piddle on yer chips Bally but I must constitute the upper spectrum.

With weather like this, today will be a long haul.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Sitting in the office with an entire wing of the floor to myself. Traffic not too bad either. There are a few people round the other side so I may drop by in a bit and see if they still recognise me.

Dentists appointment at lunchtime, wonderful.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    @ too thirty?

Boom, boom.

Sunny now!?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Stevo_666 said:

There are a few people round the other side so I may drop by in a bit and see if they still recognise me.

While you are wearing a mask obvs.

Admin, fettle, sort out (well start to) the jumble of Stuff piled in garage sort of day. Wowsers.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Sogginess here which is annoying as I was enjoying the sunshine.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, (just) cloudy here not overly warm either.

OH is busy doing stuff while I'm rather bored, processing occurred overnight so I'm at a bit of a loose end, have to be available in case somethings needed but theres nothing on the horizon so to speak till Friday.

Oh builder mans coming back tomorrow to replace the window as its been delivered going over it with a fine tooth comb before it goes in to make sure it keeps water out this time.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Very little achieved today at all, somehow. Bunch of bike parts has arrived so that's tomorrow sorted.

Had a quick link break yesterday while out on a ride. Should I start a thread about it?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Pre start meeting, lunch, tip run. Onwards to dinner and bed
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Spent the morning down A&E with 12yr daughter after she fell off her bike on a ride out yesterday afternoon. We think her foot slipped off the pedal and hit the front wheel. Ended up in a tangled heap of arms, legs and spokes. Fortunately a paramedic lived in the house she totalled outside of and a kind family with a van gave a lift home. Lots of pain her arm today but an x-ray and general prodding says all is okay. The bike has two spokes broken up front and shifters knocked out of place. Weird as the road was smooth and no random objects.
    Lunch done and back to work.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman said:

Why not, try and compete with the unpopular or Covid threads.

Voiced my opinion it got drowned out with the infighting, maybe I was a bit muffled in my face mask?

Anyway weathers still meh, get the odd spot of rain for a minute then back to grey cloud. Lovely July isn't it!
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020
    pinno said:

@ too thirty?

Boom, boom.

Sunny now!?

Wallet bloody hurty more like it. I'm having 2 implants done.

Next appointment in a couple of weeks but at least he's fitted a temp so I've got my winning Teesside smile back :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo, have fun at the dentist,s. My recent visit was an eye opener, can't wait till they resume normal service so I can get my tooth sorted. Luckily it's not giving me pain.
    Pinno sorry to upset you, a couple of spots here and the sun's out. Currently sat out in the garden lounge area enjoying mid morning coffee and bagels.

No tooth pain as both teeth have been root canal filled in the past. Just financial pain to come but TBH there wasn't much choice unless I wanted to look like a football hooligan for the rest of my life.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

There are a few people round the other side so I may drop by in a bit and see if they still recognise me.

While you are wearing a mask obvs.

Admin, fettle, sort out (well start to) the jumble of Stuff piled in garage sort of day. Wowsers.
    No masks in the office, we've got so much space here it's unreal. Must be 10 people in an office that can normally take 200-odd. Very peaceful :smile:
  • Stevo_666

Spent the morning down A&E with 12yr daughter after she fell off her bike on a ride out yesterday afternoon. We think her foot slipped off the pedal and hit the front wheel. Ended up in a tangled heap of arms, legs and spokes. Fortunately a paramedic lived in the house she totalled outside of and a kind family with a van gave a lift home. Lots of pain her arm today but an x-ray and general prodding says all is okay. The bike has two spokes broken up front and shifters knocked out of place. Weird as the road was smooth and no random objects.
    Lunch done and back to work.

Just spotted this post DHL. Ouch - glad she's OK and hope it hasn't put her off.
  • pinno
    I hope it doesn't put her off cycling. Tell her she's got proper street cred now.

Couldn't she go clipless?

It's been sun and rain and sun and rain and when it rains, I posted bollox in the Opinion thread.
    I did get the last load of wood in. Garage looks a picture. I'm knackered. I hope I feel a bit better for the last blast on the current Wilier tomorrow.
    C40 is on way to Atlantic Boulevard.
    Emailed him last night, spoke to 'Neil' first thing and the frame was away by 11am.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the office, a few more people but still far fewer than the old days. Back in tomorrow to sort out more stupid.
    Hope daughter's ok as others said DHL. thankfully 12 year olds bounce rather better than 50somethings.
    Still not got my x-ray results.
  • pinno
    What sort of time do you call this?!
  • darkhairedlord
    Thanks for the kind words. She was lying in the road crying and saying g how sorry she was for breaking the bike! I cant put her in clip less yet as she'll out grow them too quickly. I'll have to find some more grippy pedals though, and a new set of wheels.
  • pinno
    What about good ole' fashioned toe clips - without the straps?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832

Thanks for the kind words. She was lying in the road crying and saying g how sorry she was for breaking the bike! I cant put her in clip less yet as she'll out grow them too quickly. I'll have to find some more grippy pedals though, and a new set of wheels.

Velcro - glad she is ok
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

I'll have to find some more grippy pedals though, and a new set of wheels.

The Wellgo ones recommended recently are good and grippy, more MTB style but you can't see that when there's a foot on them.
  • darkhairedlord

The Wellgo ones recommended recently are good and grippy, more MTB style but you can't see that when there's a foot on them.
    which are the wellgo pedals that you speak of?
    I just fitted some wellgo's on it, platform type with moulded pins sticking up but not the pins that are screwed or pressed in so they don't appear to grip well. The bearings are pretty poor too.
  • Stevo_666

which are the wellgo pedals that you speak of?
    I just fitted some wellgo's on it, platform type with moulded pins sticking up but not the pins that are screwed or pressed in so they don't appear to grip well. The bearings are pretty poor too.
    I use these on my commuter hack (and one mtb):
    https://merlincycles.com/wellgo-mg1-magnesium-platform-pedals-45615.html

They work well although the shoe sole needs to be have some give/softness in it so the pins can 'bite'. Good enough for me wearing trainers. Last for ages as well.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

@ too thirty?

Boom, boom.

Sunny now!?

Wallet bloody hurty more like it. I'm having 2 implants done.

Next appointment in a couple of weeks but at least he's fitted a temp so I've got my winning Teesside smile back :smile:
    This you Stevo?

Just broke a tooth. Booked in to see the butcher on Thursday. :'(
  • pinno
    He definitely doesn't look like that.