dry but nippy

ride coffee nyt cafes, sort out list of stuff for hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited July 2020
    Glorious day here (at the moment).
    Absolutely ruined after yesterday's ride but I've signed up for the etape on Zwift in a couple of hours.

Rest of the day is undecided. Something outside hopefully.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds then a run, then a few jobs and I assume some fun stuff
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, lovely morning have already been out on the bike , just about to have a couple of poached eggs on toast, no cafes on route open as yet
    Have a good day
  • thistle_

just about to have a couple of poached eggs on toast

Might do the same if the eggs haven't gone off.
    Our local greasy spoon does a good poached egg on toast, but I don't think it really works as a takeaway.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Started off beautifully sunny but has gone downhill since then.
    Toots off to Grandma's which will leave me in peace to strip the C40 ready for shipment to Atlantic Boulevard.

Bye bye art deco (sniff) and hello to something with a bit of pizzazz. More importantly, i'll have a bike that dosn't have 4 bottle cage mounts, 2 downtube bosses and a brake cable guide in disrepair.
    Shirley too nice for a winter bike?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Very good lie in and now got a longish list of jobs which fortunately mean going out in the car.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Very good lie in and now got a longish list of jobs which fortunately mean going out in the car.

Via Dagenham?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    nice to ride on dry roads in the sun with no traffic, nippy start though, going cloudy here now too

merlin comfort shopping arrived

stroll for another coffee
  • pinno
    sungod said:

merlin comfort shopping arrived

Squishy saddle?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pftt! i hate squishy saddles, my ax leaf is the comfiest

another protone as the old one is getting on a bit, and some new bibs just because
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Toots off to Grandma's which will leave me in peace to strip the C40 ready for shipment to Atlantic Boulevard.

Bye bye art deco (sniff) and hello to something with a bit of pizzazz. More importantly, i'll have a bike that dosn't have 4 bottle cage mounts, 2 downtube bosses and a brake cable guide in disrepair.

😢 like the Art Deco
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Morning from a sunny South Derbyshire, sneaked a days holiday in to celebrate young oxo,s birthday. Can't believe he's all grown up and a big strapping lad of 15. Doesn't seem that long ago when i was towing him on a adams tagalong. See if I can antagonize a few on another thread. Have a nice day.

Happy birthday young oxo
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Via Dagenham?
    Maybe via Affalterbach?

https://motor1.com/news/433155/mercedes-amg-gt-black-series-leak/
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Rats. Clouding over now and wind getting up, again. Just in time for this afternoon's planned gravel pootle with Daughter #1 which will of course involve a (socially responsible) pub stop on the return leg. Better dig out another layer.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Been a variable week. Wasted the two best days of it on errands and other duties* instead.

Prep work ongoing on new frame. Need to buy a few last bits to finish it off, but in the meantime will be the joy of bleeding brake lines.

* collecting firewood, fixing dead computer for Mum, making up a pile of garden stakes from scrap timber etc
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    Forecast scorchio hasn't showed up again.

7 sparkys outside today poking wires with big yellow poles and pointing at the transformer. Electric is still on though so not sure what's going on.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Bye bye art deco (sniff) and hello to something with a bit of pizzazz. More importantly, i'll have a bike that doesn't have 4 bottle cage mounts, 2 downtube bosses and a brake cable guide in disrepair.

😢 like the Art Deco
    We'll share a digital memorial to the Art Deco.

Perhaps even, raise a glass... Hang on...

[Scraping sound of needle across record]
  • pinno
    Oooh which post, why, where, how? Let me at it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    edited July 2020
    What I have learned today. That it's not so easy to bunny hop a heavy steel tourer.

On the gravel byways, in a section where the wheeltracks are deep. A 4x4 working through the other way by straddling the higher ground pulls over and signals us to come through. Cool. But I need to get over to the other side of the 4 parallel ruts. Get closer, still deep, ok this looks lower, right give it a hop... Nope, this bike is heavier than I'm used to on the offroad, clip the edge and off we go. Nothing damaged but my pride. Prob entertained the couple in the 4x4 though.

PS I checked the specs and my tourer is 5kg heavier than my good road bike. Sort of excuses the lack of bunny hop altitude.