Any decent trails in the Bournemouth area?

Hi guys,

I'm new to MTB. Like a lot of people I'm furloughed and have bought myself a bike, and am now out and about with a mate and we are loving it.

I live in Bournemouth, we are regularly going to The New Forest and Moors Valley Country Park. Have also been to Wareham Forest Sika Trail.

Was wondering if anyone knows any good spots in the area, would drive up to an hour if it was worth it.

Looking to do mainly XC trails, but anything good would be great.

Cheers.

Comments

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Just ride over the ferry and off you go....
  • ToneC
    ToneC Posts: 33
    edited July 2020
    I think there's a thread about the same area already. I've ridden MV a few times and am up the road a bit in Salisbury area.

Stick in the search bar ' Bournemouth ' and there's folks from that area that pop up and some groups too.

Or scroll down to where it says ' MTB Rides' - there's 4 or 5 threads on there about Bomo , Poole, Ringwood, Andover, etc just on the 1st page
  • Im also in Bournemouth, not a lot in Bournemouth itself, however i do have a 14 mile ish route from my front door in Muscliffe, round lots of bits of linked up singletrack around the area, its not the greatest route but is okay when i cant be bothered to ride.
    Other than that you have loads of stuff in Verwood forest up near Moors Valley, but its a case of trying to find it as i always seem to get lost.

Pretty much what others have said, wareham, puddletown, purbecks etc further afield you have QE and the south downs near Portsmouth, or a little further you have swinley forest.

If you havent already download the trailforks app as that can be helpful when exploring a new area.