27.5" rear wheel

I require a MTB rear wheel with this spec

27.5" with 2.3" tyres
8 speed cassette
Center lock
Standard quick release

Any recommendations and instock availability.

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    You can't buy a new rear wheel with tyre and cassettes fitted. This will require separate purchases.

You could try eBay and you may find a second hand wheel being sold this way.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited July 2020
    You need to know what internal rim width you need that will take a 2.3" tyre.
    This will help:

https://www.wtb.com/pages/tire-rim-fit-chart

Read it all by all means, but make sure that you page down to the the chart labelled "mountain"
  • You can't buy a new rear wheel with tyre and cassettes fitted. This will require separate purchases.

You could try eBay and you may find a second hand wheel being sold this way.

Did I ask for those parts to be included, I said spec.

I am ware the wheel is just the wheel and we skewer.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited July 2020
    Buy an MTB 27.5" quick release rear wheel with centre lock rotor mount with Shimano freehub.

Buy an MTB 27.5" 2.3" wide tyre.

Buy a Shimano 8 speed cassette to fit on the wheel hub.

So you want someone else to find items and check if in stock for you instead of doing it yourself?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    You probably know already - Hubs will usually be 10, 11,... and you can add spacers if you are running a narrower cassette.
  • Buy an MTB 27.5" quick release rear wheel with centre lock rotor mount with Shimano freehub.

Buy an MTB 27.5" 2.3" wide tyre.

Buy a Shimano 8 speed cassette to fit on the wheel hub.

So you want someone else to find items and check if in stock for you instead of doing it yourself?

Yes that what is this thread is. Please don't reply again
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852

Did I ask for those parts to be included, I said spec.

I am ware the wheel is just the wheel and we skewer.

Yes, you did ask for those parts to be included. At least that is the way the question is phrased.

So you just want a bog standard center lock rear wheel with qr. Just do a search on line. There are loads available. Probably easiest to search for what you already have - make and model.

Make sure you get the correct width hub.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812

Please don't reply again

Not the best way to encourage people to help.

Your questions are pretty woolly and meaningless, you know the specs you need, so its probably best to find something and then come back and check its OK.

Right now your after more buying advice than workshop/tech.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.