Suggestions for a new Bike 2.3k

fraser10.ft
fraser10.ft Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in MTB buying advice
Hi all!

New Member and my first post, so I'm looking to get a new bike my budget is £2.3k.

My current bike is a Trek Hardtail (cant member the model) its nothing special, as stated above i'm looking for a new bike, can you suggest the best Hardtail and FS for my budget? (preferably UK based sites)

I'm 6'4" and due to covid currently a thicc boy so a bigger bike will be needed.

Also can can you recommend the best websites for everything MTB, bikes and parts, etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Look on YouTube for best bike reviews on bikes in your price range.

Chain Reaction Cycles and Wiggle sell all things bike related but not necessarily at the cheapest prices.
  • loltoride
    loltoride Posts: 460
    2nd that but first try and work out what kind of riding you want to do there are so many options.
    So Far!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    As mentioned above, you need to consider where you will be mainly riding and determine the type of bike you need. A heavy, 150mm trail bike won't be very good for all-day xc rides and similarly a light weight xc whippet will be no good for smashing down black graded trails.

“Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009