Fix this bug or tell me how to quit the Forum

I have been trying to sign out at the end of each session, but the Forum will not let me. I have tried all sorts of tactics. I have posted in the thread on Forum bugs the things I have tried. On the odd seemingly random occasion when the Forum reports that I have been signed out, upon my return to the Forum, there I am, back in again! Was I ever actually signed out?

I am uneasy about leaving myself logged in 24/7. So I decided to quit the Forum, only to be unable to find any way of doing so!

Forum moderator: Either fix the bug or tell me how to quit the Forum, please.

Comments

• How to quit the forum - just don't visit it ever again. It really isn't rocket science.

If you're really that paranoid, just delete all the cookies on your browser. Job done.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Just never visiting ever again still means that I am live on the Forum.

It's a bit like the light in the fridge, how do I know it goes out when I close the door? :)
    At least on the fridge I can find the switch and switch it off myself, no such option on the Forum.

I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean that people are not out to get me! :)
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    As above, just delete cookies from Bike Radar and you'll be free of ever having to worry about it again - it really is that simple.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185

Just never visiting ever again still means that I am live on the Forum.

It's a bit like the light in the fridge, how do I know it goes out when I close the door? :)
    At least on the fridge I can find the switch and switch it off myself, no such option on the Forum.

I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean that people are not out to get me! :)

Bikeradar is always watching. 👀👽
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    I don't think staying signed in causes any problems, but that doesn't answer your question.
    If that kind of thing worries you I think you should set your browser to delete all cookies every time you close it. That will sign you out of everything and also get rid of all the tracing cookies websites leave on your machine. I don't think doing that is paranoid at all.
    It would be a real shame if you left the forum, you are generally very helpful and informative.
  • steve_sordy
    edited July 2020
    joe2019 said:

As above, just delete cookies from Bike Radar and you'll be free of ever having to worry about it again - it really is that simple.

Thanks Joe, this specific advice was what I needed. I didn't know I could do that. Every day is a learning day. I thought I had to delete all cookies.

Thanks also to others who replied, very helpful.

I have deleted all the Bike Radar cookies, so lets see what happens.
  • steve_sordy
    Hmm, I deleted all the Bike Radar cookies and I still can't log out.
    I'll try quitting the page and then returning.
  • steve_sordy
    Nope.

• steve_sordy
    I set my computer to clear all cookies on BikeRadar.com when closing a window. Still no impact. maybe I have to do a restart?
  • steve_sordy
    No that didn't do it either.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    What browser are you using?
  • steve_sordy
    Chrome