Unpopular Opinions

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    School children should not get free bus travel.
  • kingstongraham
    Cheese generally is awful, and no restaurant should be allowed to serve a cheese board while others are eating.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638

rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

Cheese and fish is a tasty combination.

Is this like cream cheese and salmon or are you going full cheddar on tuna?
    Depends on my mood, but mystified as to why it's considered a no go.
    Because it’s disgusting?
    Only if you pair the wrong cheese with the wrong fish, but that applies to any two foods.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Princess Diana was a stupid clothes horse.

The older I get, the better I was.

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    oxoman said:

Chubby Brown was better than Bernard Manning and Alf Garnett rocks. Coffee should be strong and black. Anything else is not coffee. Labour's useless but then again so are all politicians.

Chubby was good but Bernard was better IMHO. Both were infinitely better than Michael McIntyre et al.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    oxoman said:

Chubby Brown was better than Bernard Manning and Alf Garnett rocks. Coffee should be strong and black. Anything else is not coffee. Labour's useless but then again so are all politicians.

Those are not unpopular opinions Oxo...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    shortfall said:

oxoman said:

Chubby was good but Bernard was better IMHO. Both were infinitely better than Michael McIntyre et al.
    Definitely unpopular. Chubby was the dogs bollox. (And I'm not biased :) )
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    The Macc Lads were a great rock band.
  • rjsterry

Cheese generally is awful, and no restaurant should be allowed to serve a cheese board while others are eating.

All the more for me 😋🧀
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry
    webboo said:

rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

Cheese and fish is a tasty combination.

Is this like cream cheese and salmon or are you going full cheddar on tuna?
    Depends on my mood, but mystified as to why it's considered a no go.
    You mean in the sense that cheese on a burger is fine. Blue cheese on steak is fine. Cheese on macaroni is fine. So why not have it on your fish?

Fair point.
    Because it a bit like stale f*nny and fore*kin
    If you say so.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750

shortfall said:

It's ok to wear double denim.

No.
    It is unfortunate when someone misses the point of their own thread.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    rjsterry said:

All the more for me 😋🧀
    Not in the vicinity of anyone eating anything else. It's a blanket ban on the fumes ruining a good meal.
  • rjsterry
    I'm fortunate to have three like minded souls for a family.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• shortfall
    edited July 2020
    Heres an unpopular opinion. I still enjoy watching Bernard and Chubby on YouTube and listening to my old Macc Lads cds.

Is that an opinion or an action?
  • shortfall
    edited July 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Having a preference for Chubby over Bernard isn't unpopular, whereas expressing your fondness for either in the wonderful world of Cakestop almost certainly is.
  • Stevo_666
    shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Having a preference for Chubby over Bernard isn't unpopular, whereas expressing your fondness for either in the wonderful world of Cakestop almost certainly is.
    True, my posts above took into account the context of where they were said :-)
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Never saw Manning but did think Jerry Sadowitz was even better than Chubby.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,596
    No idea what Chubby and Bernard are. Sounds like it's a view that will be unpopular around here
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532

remaining in the EU.

Popular in the electorate, unpopular with the whiner losers

ftfy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • shortfall
    edited July 2020

No idea what Chubby and Bernard are. Sounds like it's a view that will be unpopular around here

Comedians very much "of their time" and controversial even in the 70s and 80s but both blessed with brilliant comic timing and delivery.
    The Macc Lads were a punk band that were pretty much delivered the same style of humour but to music.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

99.9% of movies are utter rubbish and a waste of valuable time. Especially all this fiction stuff with elves n censored ! The current crop of James Bond films, utter drivel which get shown on TV every other week.

Apparently I hold the unpopular opinion that Daniel Craig is a better Bond than Sean Connery.
    It's the lack of humour for me which Roger Moore had, after all we know the plots and swagger are are all a load of b0ll0cks anyway.

Meh, I'm just getting old. I probably would have loved it in my teens:)
    Allegedly your favourite Bond is the one you grew up with as an @12 year old.
    Moore in your case? I am definitely an outlier. 😉
    I feel sorry for those 12 year olds with T.Dalton. 🤣
    Doesn't work for me, Moore wrecked the franchise. Brosnan was OK until half way through Die Another Day, Craig has helped revive it.

In keeping with this thread, Lazenby was pretty good and had someone else come in after Connery and before him he would have gone on to do more than one of the films.
  • Pross
    This thread actually feels like the latest 'trivial things' thread but asked in a different way.
  • Stevo_666

Would it be unpopular to suggest you go and Google them?
  • Stevo_666
    shortfall said:

Comedians very much "of their time" and controversial even in the 70s and 80s but both blessed with brilliant comic timing and delivery.
    The Macc Lads were a punk band that were pretty much delivered the same style of humour but to music.
    I'll add Kevin Bloody Wilson to the list of performers I think are great.
  • Pross
    The increased popularity of cycling in the last 15 years has been a bad thing.
  • rjsterry
    Pross said:

You think it's bad in South Wales? Think what it's going to be like in London when people have to go back to work and don't want to use public transport.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    The best warm up for a bike ride is a swim.
    The best warm down is a run.
  • shortfall
    Stevo_666 said:

shortfall said:

Well thats because you're and absolute c... 😉
  • Pross
    rjsterry said:

Pross said:

You think it's bad in South Wales? Think what it's going to be like in London when people have to go back to work and don't want to use public transport.
    I used to get far less abuse off impatient drivers when it wasn't popular and I can see why when I observe some of the riding ability. Around here it's the groups and 'clubs' (a new one seems to spring up every week where a group of equally incompetent cyclists get together and buy some matching kit) that are the big issue as they have no idea how to ride properly in a group. They end up with one in the gutter, another near the centre line and 5 or 10m gaps between wheels and some of the riding styles are so ugly it makes me want to scream!
  • Stevo_666
    shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

shortfall said:

Well thats because you're and absolute c... 😉
    Well I have been to Canada :smiley: