saturday dreaming of bubbly on the balcony during the monsoon

'ning

seems to be a soggy spell

ride coffee nyt and laze, drop hint to mrs s that orangette supply is running low
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale here although it’s fine,rain forecast later, need to go the timber merchants sometime today a few alterations to the decking required, hopefully I will find time to get out on the bike.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Nice long walk with hounds and now about to be blow around on the road bike.

Few jobs then the fun bike and a few socially distancing pints, thankfully the local has decent space outside. Later in the home pub
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Blow but dry at the moment.
    Probably going to have a lazy day as my legs feel like toast.
    Plenty of parts arrived last week for some diy anyways, and the smart turbo conversion is nearly finished too.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    grey and damp here

ride truncated halfway up hampstead, rear tub finally beyond sealing, held about 3 bar so at least i could ride home, front is looking iffy too

a day of glue and a new veloflex criterium, may as well service the freehub as the loudness says it's time
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    sungod said:

may as well service the freehub as the loudness says it's time

I'm guessing it's not a Hope Pro hub? :smiley:
  • sungod
    no :) lightweight use the metal bits of a dts 180, star ratchets need a smidge of grease every few thousand km, and i aways check the fhb bearings as they are a bit fragile

old glue on the rim looked ok, tub glued, time for a stroll, may sit in a cafe and read nyt :smiley:
  • sungod
    bagged a table outside, coffee, toast, nyt, civilization
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    I dunno, these high maintenance wheels [insert rolling eyes icon].

Is it so blowy down there, has it blown a few letters away?!
    sungod said:

soggy

How English. It's been f*cking biblical (and more to come).

God knows what today may bring. I'm hoping that there is break between the showers for a pedal.
    May abuse the 'lifting of travel restrictions for leisure purposes' in one of the Porkers. That's 'leisure' though isn't it?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    pinno said:

but light, so very light :smiley:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed, might make coffee next. Light pottering and fettling as hand is still bad. Might go for a walk with the old dear and visit Haile Sallaise to see how he's doing as he got knocked over recently. Rain hat may be in order as I hate umbrellas.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

[Willy waving] My pair of DA CL35's, tad over 1350gms the pair. How do your's compare?
    If you're not doing much climbing, do you... oh yeah - Tabbly country.
    Why not have a set of bullet proof hoops for the rough city thoroughfares?
  • sungod
    edited July 2020
    i've got a winter/spare set nemesis rims and tougher tubs, but i'm at the point life's too short to ride heavy stuff, and the aero is way better on the lw ones too

934g, with shimano/sram fhb fitted

decided to go full ocd and clean the cassette too, though it wasn't that dirty, snapped one of the sram rubber bands, grrrr
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    A few jobs done/supplies obtained. Quick coffee break before before doing a few more. Bike ride on the cards for tomorrow with a mate and bopefully will be supporting part of the local hospitality industry this evening :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

[Willy waving] My pair of DA CL35's, tad over 1350gms the pair. How do your's compare?
    If you're not doing much climbing, do you... oh yeah - Tabbly country.
    Why not have a set of bullet proof hoops for the rough city thoroughfares?
    That’s *heavy*! I had a set of FFWD carbon tubs on DT Swiss 190 hubs that were under 1100 gms for the pair.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    The Four Yorkshiremen talk about bike wheels....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    I've been down the pub!

Lovely to meet up in real life with some old friends, chat and enjoy some excellent draught beers. Gosh I remember when this was normal.

Next, tomorrow morning... a haircut.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Anybody want to buy some patio furniture?
  • Stevo_666
    I shall be having a beer or two this evening, outside. Pity it isn't hot 'n' sunny.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Bike fettling in the garage and I can hear the pub down the road getting noisier, police were called by 6:45 this evening. People really are desperate to get back to normal. At least any wrongdoers should be easy to trace if they left their contact details.
  • pinno

Anybody want to buy some patio furniture?

Set it alight and chuck...