Ghislaine Maxwell charged

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,474
I wonder if Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton and any other of Epstein’s mates will be sleeping less well tonight.

Let’s hope the victims get the justice they deserve.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Hope her will is sorted.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Where there's a willie, there's a way.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    slowmart said:

I wonder if Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton and any other of Epstein’s mates will be sleeping less well tonight.

Clinton and co are safe or they would have been grabbed already. I think you will find that the paedo Prince no longer goes to the USA, takes a flight that may be diverted there or a country that would allow a foreign citizen to be extradited there. Leaves a lot of options but he just needs to be careful with his travel plans.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,131
    It's astonishing that the current president doesn't get included in these considerations. Real lack of ambition from the conspiracy minded on the left. They've given this ground over to the pros.
  • slowmart
    edited July 2020

slowmart said:

Clinton and co are safe or they would have been grabbed already. I think you will find that the paedo Prince no longer goes to the USA, takes a flight that may be diverted there or a country that would allow a foreign citizen to be extradited there. Leaves a lot of options but he just needs to be careful with his travel plans.
    That depends on what Maxwell has to say to the FBI as she’s looking at substantial jail time and she’s doesn’t seem the type of fall on her sword.

See if she lasts the night in custody ....

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217

slowmart said:

It would be one of the biggest diplomatic incidents of all time if a member of the British royal family got nicked by the Yanks, even more so if he was on a flight that got diverted there. Do the Royals have diplomatic immunity?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    edited July 2020
    I wonder how many women from William Jefferson's past will be hoping that his defence of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" cuts no ice this time.
  • surrey_commuter
    Pross said:

slowmart said:

It would be one of the biggest diplomatic incidents of all time if a member of the British royal family got nicked by the Yanks, even more so if he was on a flight that got diverted there. Do the Royals have diplomatic immunity?
    I didn’t mean the Yanks diverting the flight. I vaguely remember a story about a British businessman flying to LatAm and for weather/tech reasons the plane landed in the USA. He discovered there was a warrant for his arrest when the cops came on the plane.

If you remember the FIFA arrests they did not get Blatter as he was a Swiss citizen.

Our Prince will be well aware of the risk and stay well away
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    I wonder how many days before her "suicide"?
  • Pross

Pross said:

slowmart said:

I didn’t mean the Yanks diverting the flight. I vaguely remember a story about a British businessman flying to LatAm and for weather/tech reasons the plane landed in the USA. He discovered there was a warrant for his arrest when the cops came on the plane.

If you remember the FIFA arrests they did not get Blatter as he was a Swiss citizen.

Our Prince will be well aware of the risk and stay well away
    Yeah, I got that but I think it would cause a massive stir if they arrested him at all just even more so if he happened to be on a flight that got diverted rather than planning on landing there. I certainly don't think he'll be flying in that direction anytime soon though.
  • slowmart
    Pross said:

slowmart said:

Prince Andrew has no diplomatic immunity.

There’s some mileage to go here as once the criminal case is concluded there will be a raft of civil claims against her estate. So her £100k a year income from her trust fund will soon be eaten by legal fees.

The big unknown question here is what is the appetite at the FBI or the Manhattan US attorney to cast a wider net? Settle for Maxwell or offer a deal if she can corroborate any claims she makes to save her skin.

Unfortunately for Maxwell the US district attorney’s are usually on a career path into politics so their appetite is usually huge for raising their own profile on the bones of the guilty.

Desmond Tutu
  • pblakeney
    Question on the diplomatic immunity. Neither did the wife of the U.S. "diplomat"?
    I expect some ramifications if he is extradited and she isn't.
    Not that I'd be surprised. I've always thought it was a one way street.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Since Lethal Weapon 2, it's impossible to read the phrase diplomatic immunity without hearing it in a south african accent.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    She could be into other women and find prison a good option when faced with a number of sub par options. Women have a lower rate of suicide.
  • surrey_commuter
    pblakeney said:

Question on the diplomatic immunity. Neither did the wife of the U.S. "diplomat"?
    I expect some ramifications if he is extradited and she isn't.
    Not that I'd be surprised. I've always thought it was a one way street.

We aren’t as popular in the USA as we would like to think and banging up an heir to the throne would make many colonial upstarts very happy.

We will take our medicine and do as we are told
  • surrey_commuter
    slowmart said:

Pross said:

slowmart said:

Prince Andrew has no diplomatic immunity.

There’s some mileage to go here as once the criminal case is concluded there will be a raft of civil claims against her estate. So her £100k a year income from her trust fund will soon be eaten by legal fees.

The big unknown question here is what is the appetite at the FBI or the Manhattan US attorney to cast a wider net? Settle for Maxwell or offer a deal if she can corroborate any claims she makes to save her skin.

Unfortunately for Maxwell the US district attorney’s are usually on a career path into politics so their appetite is usually huge for raising their own profile on the bones of the guilty.

Surely evidence that her Dad is still alive and working as her investment advisor
  • pblakeney
    john80 said:

She could be into other women and find prison a good option when faced with a number of sub par options. Women have a lower rate of suicide.

You are working on the assumption of suicide actually being suicide.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pross
    Seems quite likely she'll get a plea offer to give up big names. However, that begs the question as to which is the worse crime - enabling the 'service' as Maxwell allegedly did or using it as the others did?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    Pross said:

Seems quite likely she'll get a plea offer to give up big names. However, that begs the question as to which is the worse crime - enabling the 'service' as Maxwell allegedly did or using it as the others did?

Plea bargains are a crime against justice, but that's another discussion topic.
  • slowmart

Pross said:

Are you Donald Trump?

If you are Don , you may have some legal issues yourself when you leave office.

Desmond Tutu
  • surrey_commuter
    slowmart said:

Pross said:

Are you Donald Trump?

you offer somebody seven years in an easy prison or face a trial with the downside of 100+ years sentence. Oh and you will probably spend longer than 3.5 years on remand and go bankrupt whilst waiting for your day in court. oh and they have Japanese esque conviction rates
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511

slowmart said:

Pross said:

Are you Donald Trump?

you offer somebody seven years in an easy prison or face a trial with the downside of 100+ years sentence. Oh and you will probably spend longer than 3.5 years on remand and go bankrupt whilst waiting for your day in court. oh and they have Japanese esque conviction rates
    And you're black and the jury is likely to be all white.

There's some guy who agreed a plea deal for a crime he didn't commit and the judge ignored the plea deal and gave a longer sentence anyway.

Also add in that witness testimony when the witness has received several years of freedom isn't quite as reliable.