tuesday is it too late, too late, too late, too late, too late, too late, too late, too late

'ning

still cold, less windy

ride, coffee, nyt, foolishly offered to help someone in another tentacle of gmc later, may need extra coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry with a cold wind, might get out on the bike later if it stays dry, hedges need trimming first, garden waste collection tomorrow morning.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    My wife is celebrating her best ever decision today........ so will try and fit a quick fun bike ride in this morning as I’m sure I won’t have time later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Last day of furlough today.

Got some stuff to package up for posting and my desk to clear of junk so I can work at it but nothing else planned at the moment.

Might try and go for a ride later, and see if the car will start.

Woke up aching everywhere, probably something to do with doing a barrel roll while on the turbo last night.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, another dull grey day here, skys a lovely shade of cement grey currently though no rains forecast.
    may take a little wobble round the woods later need to swap the wheels over, turns out basically wide slicks are not any use on a surface mainly comprising of sand, who would have thought.

Thistle, how on earth did you manage that?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Rescheduled (phone call yesterday) re-imaging scans and consultant review this afternoon at my favourite Eye Hospital. What are the odds of more vs no more injections? I reckon my season ticket will be renewed.

So reorganised day. Potter about doing nowt this morning bar more n+1 (gravel) research, with slim odds of finding the Right One before the 2021 models start to hit the market. Might have to stopgap by retrieving my 1990s Mount Vision full sus from family member.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Short 30 minute turbo session before work this morning.

Its about time really start taking some Italian lessons.

Wifey is out on Saturday night and the weather is looking a bit grim, I'm thinking of setting the turbo up in the kitchen and watching a few films whist pedaling, is this a foolish thought?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited June 2020
    Congrats TLW*. How long has she put up with you?

Went shopping at 'oh my god, it's early' o'clock, in a vain attempt to miss the infected hoards. If there are any.
    50/50 Granary and plain is proving in the oven.

Shorty had the great news that next school year, she's getting the very shouty 4'8" Mrs Bailey. She is actually 4'8". Poor Shorty.
    Any coping strategy suggestions welcome.

*Useless, self obsessed w@nkers aren't they?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Woke up aching everywhere, probably something to do with doing a barrel roll while on the turbo last night.

Come on, fess up.

• orraloon
    Thanks Man of the Ox. One eye problematic: left eye 6/4.8 👍, right eye 6/15 👎
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Congrats TLW*. How long has she put up with you?

19 years married together a hell of a lot longer 😳
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    just had the good news that august hols ba flights have switched from lgw to lhr rather than being cancelled (well, so far at least), not been through t5 with a bike box so that'll be a new one

off for a stroll and celebration coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Congrats or comisserations not sure which is most applicable. I'll raise you 5 yrs on top 2nd time around as well. Seriously TLW congrats a rare achievement nowadays.

Cheers oxo....... been together since we were at school 😳
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    tlw1 said:

My wife is celebrating her best ever decision today........

A massive insurance policy on your liver? :p

Work work work. And patiently explaining to idiots in far off places why they can't have the large amount of information they requested because it doesn't yet exist.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Day spent mainly fettling wheels and tyres, swapping A to B to C, re-doing tubeless setup, and much assorted faffing.

Managed to squeeze in a short ride. Brought my monthly total to over 500km in June. Quite pleased with that.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Come on, fess up.

That's it. Finished, went to unclip and rolled the thing over - me and bike included :confused:
  • pinno

pinno said:

Come on, fess up.

That's it. Finished, went to unclip and rolled the thing over - me and bike included :confused:
    Brilliant.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Evenin' all!

Congrats TLW. Got to envy you 19 happy years.
    Been married double that though but still envy your 19 happy years.

Got to fess up as the kids say. The shite weather is probably partly down to me, or rather Mrs B.
    At the weekend she decided we needed new patio furniture...
  • orraloon
    You utter, utter barsteward.
  • pinno
    FFS Bally.
  • pinno
    edited June 2020
    orraloon said:

Misogynistic, racist, sexist white supremacist barsteward.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

He'll take that as a compliment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

You say the sweetest things. <3
  • pinno
    You're welcome hun.