Cube stereo super hpc sl 27.5 2015 model

is this still a good bike i found one new never ridden disassembeled full XTR should i get it

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Yep, it was a good bike when it was being sold in 2015 and it will still be a good bike now. It won't have the latest fashionable geometry or the latest tweaks in suspension, but it was good then and it will still be good. For example if it got 5* before it woudk be a 4* now - which is still very good.

https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/14433/products/cube-stereo-160-super-hpc-race-650b-mountain-bike-2015-carbonred.aspx#:~:text=you're shredding.-,The Cube Stereo 160 Super HPC Race 650b Mountain Bike,and a stock dropper post.

There may be problems with some components after being in storage for 5 years; seals may have dried out, greases may have hardened etc. I would budget for a lower leg service on the fork and an air can service on the shock. Any other bits you can get at like the bottom bracket, headset, hubs etc give them a good examination and a lube. If you are not handy, the LBS will do this for not much money. You could do all this as you build it back up.

Be careful though! Why was it dismantled? Cube had a problem with carbon frames cracking several years ago. Was this one of them? Is the frame cracked, OR is this a brand new frame that somehow never got reassembled? Don't let your enthusiasm overcome your caution. But depending upon the cost, this could be a cracking deal.