Lezyne Super GPS

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
Anybody else got one of these and experiencing problems?
Bought one of these last February and it worked flawlessly up until recently, when I installed the latest updates. Not a Gucci device but does all that I needed out of a computer (and it was cheaper than the alternatives ;) ), particularly notifications of incoming messages/calls.
Now the phone connection drops out mid ride and is a bugger to reconnect.
If anybody is having the same issues and has found a solution, I would be all ears.

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    edited June 2020
    https://www.lezyne.com/gpsroot/gps_updategps.php

Not had a problem with 27th April update as regards pairing and having Live Tracking working, as far as I'm aware.

Have you tried forcing a second firmware update through the advanced settings of the firmware program?

I originally placed it in my central rear jersey/jacket pockets and that would sometimes unpair, these days it always goes in the rear left and no issue.

I keep meaning to test the navigation and auto re-routing, through most of 2018 it was nothing short of dreadful, but I think it was sortyed last year... I simply haven't cycled in unfamiliar territory for a while!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • ballysmate
    I have done all you suggested with the unit but my feeling is that the problem resides with the App on my phone. Uninstalled and reinstalled that several times as well.
    Can't comment on the routing capabilities as I have never needed it.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698

...it worked flawlessly up until recently, when I installed the latest updates.
    Now the phone connection drops out mid ride and is a censored to reconnect.
    If anybody is having the same issues and has found a solution, I would be all ears.

Have you tried resetting the Super GPS back to factory setup state?
    I don’t have any experience of this particular device but updates can and do cause problems to a few.
    Personally I read what the updates are for and only update if I having the problems mentioned. But that’s just me, not wishing to break what’s not broken
  • ballysmate
    Yep Charlie, done all that.
    Customer support could only suggest what I had already done. Did it again anyway.
    The unit sees and connects to any sensors and records fine. When the phone will not connect, I can still upload rides via the PC.
    What makes me think the app is at fault is that when trying to reconnect, sometimes the GPS unit will show the phone to be connected, complete with battery level, but the app will show the GPS unit available but not connected.
    Just gotta wait for the next app update I suppose.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    If it’s an Android phone, you should be able to remove any updates you’ve done to the app. Taking it back to when it worked correctly, provided you haven’t uninstalled and reinstalled the app in the meantime of course. The only other way I can suggest, is to find an older version of the app and try that from scratch
  • ballysmate

If it’s an Android phone, you should be able to remove any updates you’ve done to the app. Taking it back to when it worked correctly, provided you haven’t uninstalled and reinstalled the app in the meantime of course. The only other way I can suggest, is to find an older version of the app and try that from scratch

Oops!
  • ballysmate
    If anyone is having issues, I have just received this from customer support.
    Yet to try it .

We are still investigating this issue. While we don't have a known good solution, we do have another step to try, and a possible work around to get you at least rolling:

1) This all might be a problem with the encryption keys for the system pairing. You can try and do a complete connection reset, then when the Android system asks you if you want to pair (after pairing in the app), decline. Then check the connection stability over a couple of navigation starts and power cycles.

2) You can side-load app version 4.302 to your phone (this will removed the Komoot and Relive functionality, unfortunately). You will need to search on instructions for side loading for your phone model, and will want to remove the current app version. You may need to install firmware 7.47.