something aggressive

Hi, I currently ride a Mash AC-1. That's a fixie/singlespeed with a very aggressive geo. On windy days I ride a Stevens Vapor, a lazy upright german CX tank. I woukd love to swap it for something aggressive but haven't found IT yet. IT should be ideal to do long flat windy segments, say like 20km non-stop next to a canal. IT has idealy narrow tubes /a stack- reach ratio around 1:30 / angles around 75° (seat&head) / a small headtube / is about 8 to 9 kg / has narrow section wheels / has disc brakes, but not a must... Does anybody knows a bike like that or have an idea? I searched a lot and can't find anything.
Cheers!

Comments

• I think you'll struggle with the headtube angle but there's plenty of options that will pretty much fit the bill

Why not start here....

Standert Kreissage disc
    Bowman Palace disc

I'm sure others will have plenty more options as well
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Obviously disc brakes are essential if you ride along a canal...
    left the forum March 2023
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited June 2020
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-six-single-speed-bike-2020/rp-prod183549 looks to be basically track bike with a flip/flop hub and rim brakes (depsite photos not showing any brakes), ~1.3 stack/reach
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • jempi
    jempi Posts: 58

😋 I said it was not a must have. I would prefer it so I can put on some wider tyres in the winter, like 30 or 32mm. But you have a good point and I can save about 700euro just by taking rim brakes. There are great second hand bargains for the moment cause everybody feels like they realy need disc brakes. And I personally don't like them. In the rain there better tough. And for deep section carbon wheels they are also nice.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    jempi said:

😋 I said it was not a must have. I would prefer it so I can put on some wider tyres in the winter, like 30 or 32mm. But you have a good point and I can save about 700euro just by taking rim brakes. There are great second hand bargains for the moment cause everybody feels like they realy need disc brakes. And I personally don't like them. In the rain there better tough. And for deep section carbon wheels they are also nice.
    I don't know why you want an aggressive bike and then want to fit it with 32 mm tyres, but that's your call.
    I always liked a Supersix, the non-hi mod version is reasonably priced...
    left the forum March 2023
  • jempi

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-six-single-speed-bike-2020/rp-prod183549 looks to be basically track bike with a flip/flop hub and rim brakes (depsite photos not showing any brakes), ~1.3 stack/reach

I allready have a (much cooler 😋 ) singlespeed , what I'm looking for is this kind of bike geometry and character with gears...

The bikes on my list for the moment:

Cinelli vigorelli road - a heavy steel racer with fixed/track geo but still less agressive than my Mash
    Zannata z112 race - a carbon mix between a triatlon and aero bike
    Specialized sprint comp - an alu crit racer, but not so super agressive
    Or a carbon aero race frame like canyon aerod, focus izalco max, an older madone or emonda with H1 geo.

Somebody familiar with author bikes? It's a czech brand with a very agressive racer, the charisma. I can't find much info, reviews or buyers. And I would have to order it in Czechoslowakia or Poland. Oh boy 🙃
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    edited June 2020
    They seem like very fancy bikes to be riding along a canal.
  • jempi
    jeffbwood said:

I think you'll struggle with the headtube angle but there's plenty of options that will pretty much fit the bill

Why not start here....

Standert Kreissage disc
    Bowman Palace disc

Very cool manufacturers but very traditional geometry indeed. It seems 90% of all race frames are roughly in the same box. 73° angles and a stack-reach ratio around 1,42. I'm looking for something outside that box...
  • jempi said:

jeffbwood said:

I think you'll struggle with the headtube angle but there's plenty of options that will pretty much fit the bill

Why not start here....

Standert Kreissage disc
    Bowman Palace disc

Very cool manufacturers but very traditional geometry indeed. It seems 90% of all race frames are roughly in the same box. 73° angles and a stack-reach ratio around 1,42. I'm looking for something outside that box...
    Then why not get a custom build. Surely that's the best way to tick your boxes?
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Get Justin Burls to make you one to your spec... http://www.burls.co.uk/

PP
  • jempi
    edited August 2020
    I think Specialized just made it, the new tarmac 7 seems perfect. Aero but no oversized tubes - aggressive geo, slightly shorter stack and longer reach than the old tarmac - 7kg with discs - 30mm clearance so perfect for in the winter - threaded bb (how awesome is that) - 1x12 friendly - only pitty, it costs 7000 euro 🤔, and no mechanical groupsets available. Somebody knows how to rob a bank?