my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, more blue skies and warmth, ride , relax and of course refresh
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wife is walking the hounds despite me going out on my mountain bike for a quick play with the youngest last night, which is wrong really.

After work stuff it’s a bbq at friends, think reception is good enough at theirs to watch the football
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    thought i might do a few laps of regent's park on the way back, but it looked just as bad as yesterday, which was horrible, headed right away

coffee and cantuccini while i wait for the uv index to get high enough
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    tlw1 said:

...despite me going out on my mountain bike for a quick play with the youngest last night, which is wrong really.

So your foot hasn't fallen off?

Warm but a bit cloudy. Dunno what to expect today.
    Had a fight with wind and hills yesterday and now paying for it. Got up 'ill and it was thick low cloud, wind, drizzle.
    Went down 'ill and at the bottom, hardly any breeze and the sun was popping out.
    OH didn't believe me.

Better get on and do learning stuff with Shorty.
    Adding unit fractions... wish me luck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

...despite me going out on my mountain bike for a quick play with the youngest last night, which is wrong really.

So your foot hasn't fallen off?

Warm but a bit cloudy. Dunno what to expect today.
    Had a fight with wind and hills yesterday and now paying for it. Got up 'ill and it was thick low cloud, wind, drizzle.
    Went down 'ill and at the bottom, hardly any breeze and the sun was popping out.
    OH didn't believe me.

Better get on and do learning stuff with Shorty.
    Adding unit fractions... wish me luck.
    No - all good as long as I remember to unclip with the left and not right foot :)

Good luck with fractions
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Busy morning including catch up call with the boss, so have inevitably got more on my to do list now. But on the basis that sh!t trickles downwards and credit trickles upwards, I'll delegate a fair bit of it :)

Lovely day out there, may stick my head outside when its cooled off a bit this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Forenoon ride, got it in before the temps get too high. Still bleepin' hot though. Lazy afternoon awaits.

On one stretch, a long false flat up into a headwind, down on the drops, got myself in the zone at steady tempo, thinking ok that's all good... become aware of tyre noise behind then alongside. Is this guy sitting upright, flat bars, big knobbly tyres. WTF? I must be well slower than I'd been thinking. Bugrit. Then realise he's on an e-bike. At least, it looked like one...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Just dusted off the Heckler as it's been sat in the workshop for about a year gathering dust.

Going for a little spin over the tops tonight, wish me luck as I left my offroad skills in 2015.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Just dusted off the Heckler as it's been sat in the workshop for about a year gathering dust.

Going for a little spin over the tops tonight, wish me luck as I left my offroad skills in 2015.

Good luck. What could go wrong?

Drizzly day on and off. Walked dog between showers. Rest of the day faffing in shed as usual.

Off to town tomorrow to buy, sell and swap bike parts.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    thirty+ in the shade, official scorchio, great days

pleasant bask, off for a stroll, perhaps get an ice cream
  • Stevo_666
    It's rather warm here, even in my North facing den. Have strategically ditched coffee in favour of a nice cold can of San Pellegrino (aka Tory Fanta).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Out for a scorchio bike ride this morning, through Lichfield, Tamworth and the villages beyond.
    In the village of Wiggington, I came across a memorial to this fella, Samuel Parkes being tended by locals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Parkes_(VC)

Constantly coming across little gems whist cycling less travelled byways.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon currently basking in the shade in the garden wondering why I'm still in jeans.

Summer will end Friday which is great timing as I have stuff being done. Also Saturday currently has the most generic thunderstorm warning I've seen for a while, basically everywhere

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2020-06-26
  • homers_double

Good luck. What could go wrong?

Drizzly day on and off. Walked dog between showers. Rest of the day faffing in shed as usual.

Off to town tomorrow to buy, sell and swap bike parts.

Hopefully nothing mechanical.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    Well, just tried loading the bike into the car and the front axle is stuck and I've rounded the ally bolt. Ooops.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Bad back from Monday has been beaten into submission with a combination of 2 bike rides, 1 trail run and lots of ibuprofen. Hopefully it won't come back tomorrow.
    Just need to work on the allergy to outside that's made me all polka dotty, and pop the nice big cherry red blister on my toe.

MTB tyres got their first top up of sealant in about 12 months :confused: although I think it's only been used a handful of times in that period.
  • Stevo_666
    It cooled off enough for a game of 'dog football' in the garden - well more like mouthball as they can just about pick the ball up with their teeth using those hexagonal stitched bits, but it can easily be dislodged by the opposing hound. Makes for an amusing, if scrappy game and lots of barking :)

Must be cider time now...
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    A long day of teams meetings and marking final year reports. Only two perpetual motion machines so far... took baguettes and kinder to the beach at 6PM for a swim and lark about. Just got them tucked up so just have to remove the lego landmines from the lounger and relax for 5 mins before mrs DHL gets on the warpath about something.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

Afternoon currently basking in the shade in the garden wondering why I'm still in jeans.

Summer will end Friday which is great timing as I have stuff being done. Also Saturday currently has the most generic thunderstorm warning I've seen for a while, basically everywhere

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2020-06-26

I like a good thunderstorm.

You should get TLW to test it out first - he's now officially the resident crash test dummy.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

step83 said:

You should get TLW to test it out first - he's now officially the resident crash test dummy.
    Rude
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Rude
    ...and I have no idea what you got against trees.
    I mean, trying to mow a perfectly innocent tree down on yer bike. FFS.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Has anyone heard off @haydenm recently?
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Has anyone heard off @haydenm recently?
    Nope, last we heard he was having a bit of a hard time with a cancelled wedding, so I guess he's either busy with rearranging that or busy with removing the beak marks from his head. Or both.