Shimano m365 brake lever with Sram shifter fitting?

hixyhicks
hixyhicks Posts: 61
edited June 2020 in MTB workshop & tech
Can i use an Avid Matchmaker X with a shimano brake lever and sram shifter, so they fit nicely on my handle bar.

Cheers
Mick.

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Shimano and Sram do not play particularity well together. I have made it work, and been content with it. But if you want it no-compromise "PERFECT" then don't try it.
  • hixyhicks
    I already have the brakes and shifter.I will like you say make it work.I cant keep spending.

Mick.

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    No, you can't.
    However, a Problem Solvers MisMatch should let you do it.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • hixyhicks
    Thank you.I can't warrant paying 40 quid for them.I will see how i get on with the build Saturday.
  • hixyhicks
    Just a quick question im only using a rear derailler.Would i need a right or left problem solver?.I can buy them singular.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    Does the M365 lever use I-Spec? A quick Google search suggests it doesn't, which means a Problem Solver cannot be used. Where the lever clamps into the bar, is it hinged or is there a solid piece of metal which wraps around the bar?
  • hixyhicks
    Its solid.Can i not open the fiiting a little.If not i will have to live with it.I would get used to it i guess.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    In that case, you can't mount them with a single clamp unfortunately. You'll have to stick with individual clamps for the brake lever and the shifter.
  • hixyhicks
    edited June 2020
    Thank you.would Sram budget hydraulic brakes fit ok.
  • hixyhicks
    I bought an Sram level front brake .So ill have Sram front and shimano back brake.A bit Frankenstein but it will Do till i can source something better.