tuesday watching photons take every path

'ning

ride, coffee, nyt, check for gmc turbulence, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blue skies again , obviously bike ride in this lovely weather, a bit of gardening, catching a few rays later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rest day and driving the wife around later so probably less cider than last night
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Rest day and driving the wife around later so probably less cider than last night

What's the score with your foot? Amputation?

Tired, back still hurting from diy yesterday. Woke up too late for an early spin on the bike.

Weather is a bit pants here again. Supposed to have had 2 days of basking scorchio sunshine but it's thick cloud again. Hopefully it will disappear later.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

What's the score with your foot? Amputation
    Just rest, so watched tv whilst the wife mowed the lawns and did the strimming.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Rest 'day'? Shurely you need a rest month.

Pi$$ing down. Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Late start. Got fried yesterday, working all day in hot sun. And got dehydrated, silly me.
    Ride beckons, before it gets too hot. Forecasting scorchio here for next 3 days. Got more work commitment to fit in, think I'll do 2 x mornings, bail before it gets too much, have afternoons in bask mode as per sg. Plan.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, not a cloud in the sky in these southern climbs. I made a coffee yesterday and forgot about it, made on this morning put it down and picked up yesterday's so that was interesting. Likely the highlight of my day!

TLW, you getting it lobbed off and one of those fancy bits of carbon fibre fitted?
  • tlw1
    step83 said:

TLW, you getting it lobbed off and one of those fancy bits of carbon fibre fitted?

Exactly my thinking step!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    pinno said:

Rest 'day'? Shurely you need a rest month.

Pi$$ing down. Meh.

Good plan if Wifey ends up doing all the jobs.

Stil plenty of desk jockey stuff to be done here. I can feel more delegation coming on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    tlw1 said:

step83 said:

would quite literally put a spring in your step that.

Guy at work lost both his legs above the knee you can't tell when he has trousers on still goes up stairs etc he just looks a little stiff.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

tlw1 said:

step83 said:

would quite literally put a spring in your step that.

Guy at work lost both his legs above the knee you can't tell when he has trousers on still goes up stairs etc he just looks a little stiff.
    Yep, as long as he doesn't wake up and mistake his OH for a burglar then everything will be just fine and dandy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    More rain. Been a gloomy few days of wind and water. Shed-based riding, lunch out, not much else.

Got a Handjob yesterday.

:) In the post (old Cove hardtail MTB frame), so lots of online bike parts shopping going on. Finding old low stack headsets and other odds and sods.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83

Got a Handjob yesterday.

Well... glad you clarified that one!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Today is my wedding anniversary. 36 years ago I married the lovely Mrs Slog.

It's an different anniversary, we usually go away to a hotel somewhere on the weekend closest to this date to celebrate. We're now retired and could go away 'on the day', but there's nowhere to go. :smile:

The older I get, the better I was.

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    capt_slog said:

It's an different anniversary, we usually go away to a hotel somewhere on the weekend closest to this date to celebrate. We're now retired and could go away 'on the day', but there's nowhere to go. :smile:

Congrats Slog.
    I get where you are coming from, 38 years ago, my wife was lovely too. Nowadays...

Anyway, today consisted of a brisk pedal, mowing of the grass (lawn would be pushing it) and then sitting in the freshly trimmed garden.
    Now feeling light headed either due to the sun or the copious amounts of cheap wine that the oenophiles in Cakestop trivial things thread would have spat out.
  • Stevo_666
    capt_slog said:

Congrats Captain. I understand now that the username 'slog' is not actually a reference to your marriage :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day in paradise, busy in Hanworth too. Second day in the office this week and I may have to go in again at some point tomorrow.
    Congrats Slog and well done to Mrs Slog, we're approaching our 25th and that seems like a long time.

Got a Handjob yesterday.

Nice, my neighbour was very pleased when he got a Stiffee.