Brake Rotor Not Aligning

Hi everyone, my sister purchased an Apollo Evade Mountain Bike from Halfords last week. She has asked me to take a look as the rear wheel is making a rubbing noise. On inspection the rotor is rubbing on the pad. Specifically, it is rubbing against the inner pad. There is an outer pad adjuster.
I have tried adjusting by aligning the caliper which normally works, but in this case, it didnt help.
On further inspection, i can see that the rotor is sitting right up against the inner pad no matter how many adjustments I make. I thought about removing the pads and reseating them but im convinced that there is something Im missing. The rotor looks far too close to the inner pad.
Any advice please?

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited June 2020
    I'm assuming that the brakes are cable operated. If so there should be an adjuster on the static inboard side of the caliper. It will resemble a silver disc with an Allen key fitting in the centre. Unscrew this disc a little and it will back the inboard pad away from the rotor.

Note:-Back it off as little a possible as too far will effect lever throw and braking power.
  • wavey1000
    wavey1000 Posts: 59
    Unscrew the brake fixing x2 bolts on the frame a little so the whole brake mech moves a little. The press on hard the brake, and whilst the brake is still pressed tighten up the x2 bolts. It will align the break
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    oxoman said:

Take it back and get the numpties to set it up properly. It shouldn't be like this after a wk.

Halfords. 💩