monday with monte carlo methods

'ning

looks like summer is coming back

ride coffee nyt, wfh, nuke this week's meetings to clear time for basking, get towel ready, check mrs s hasn't got at sunny snack stockpile
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked/hobbled

Work stuff and probably a visit to the ironically named walked in centre about my mucked up ankle
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Tipping it down up here.
    Monsoon season has arrived.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Work, work and more work. Weather forecast is glorious for the whole week, with Sungods expected to emerge from their lair by mid-week when the mercury approaches scorchio levels.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

Work, work and more work. Weather forecast is glorious for the whole week, with Sungods expected to emerge from their lair by mid-week when the mercury approaches scorchio levels.

Forecast is the same here, but it's cool and cloudy. At least it's not raining.

Might go and hoover the bits that the robot can't get to before I start some DIY in the bits that it's already done.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    No sleep last night, too much on my mind so out the door at first light for a steady 70 clicks, then back for a rummage through the company financials before a Zoom meeting with the bank, Think today will be the highpoint of the week, nice and steady, the way I like it, but as the weather heats up work will go through the roof.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, Webex this morning to debate many business critical things, best biscuit, what days to have the virtual pub meeting etc. All very serious.

Now just settling into a day of messing with data, and some shopping, need new gloves an No1 bike needs new non frayed bar tape.

Back into the corporate hamster wheel I go
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    best biscuit?

for me, it's artiach's filipinos dark chocolate, biscuit perfection

used to like chocolate olivers - but they're long gone, another company brought out something using the same name, but nowhere near as good
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Oh were not that high brow :D I settled on a classic Bourbon some heathen insists only on Rich Tea which to me is a sackable offence.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    edited June 2020
    bourbons are good too
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

TLW 🤔 trust you'll mention what you did to muck said ankle up.

I was going to WhatsApp the radiographer a screenshot from Strava but didn't know if they'd stick a copy in his file or not :wink:

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

oxoman said:

TLW 🤔 trust you'll mention what you did to muck said ankle up.

I was going to WhatsApp the radiographer a screenshot from Strava but didn't know if they'd stick a copy in his file or not :wink:

Was completely honest! She was a runner so understood
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Dark chocolate Hobnobs, Lotus Biscoff cookies, digestives and decent shortbread. If you can get them; Swedish peppar cookies.
    The above are excellent dunkers. I don't like Bourbon creams or Jammy Dodgers. I like Fig Rolls.

[You'll see, Hoppy will be along in a minute]

...and just to be shure to be shure: @hopkinb
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Dark chocolate ginger biscuits or most varieties of Jacobs Club are my faves.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]