Calibre Line 10 2020 or something else?

Hi guys, The Calibre Line 10 2020 is on for £900. Are there any other bikes in the hardtail mtb category better for the same/similar price?

Specs:
Frame 27.5” geometry, 65 headangle, 6061 alloy, tapered headtube
Fork Rock Shox Recon Solo Air 140mm travel, 15x110mm Maxle, tapered steerer
Drivetrain SRAM NX 1X11
Shifters SRAM NX
Rear Derailleur SRAM NX 11 Speed
Chainset Samox 2 piece Boost with 32T narrow wide chainring
Cassette Sunrace 11-46T
Brakes Shimano MT201 Hydraulic discs, 160mm front and 180mm rear 6 bolt rotors
Rims WTB ST i29 32H tubeless ready
Tyres Vee Flow Snap Tackee compound 2.6” front and rear tubeless ready tyres
Hubs Formula boost bolt through
Stem Alloy 28.6mm clamp, 45mm length
Headset FSA Orbit tapered No. 57E
Headset upper bearing FSA bearing36 x 45, 1 1/8” – Code TH-873E (I.D-30.2mm, O.D-41mm, Height-8mm.)
Headset lower bearing FSA bearing 36 x 45, 1.5 – Code TH073 (I.D-40mm, O.D-51.8mm, Height-8mm.)
Saddle Calibre sport
Seatpost KS Rage-I 125mm dropper post
Pedals Alloy platform

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Pretty good price and spec'd bike. If you want a bike sooner rather than later don't wait around, order it now if it's in stock!

Could recommend other bikes but you won't be able to find any at the moment.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I'd be careful about buying Calibre at the moment. Lots of complaints on their Facebook page of people trying to make contact/get a response from them.
    I've been wanting to buy a spare mech hanger for my Bossnut for weeks... no stock anywhere...fortunately I don't actually need it but others need one and have unusable bikes. Btw, I love my Bossnut but.... I also love good customer service.
    Easy to blame everything on covid but they don't seem to be replying to anyone at all.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Thanks guys. The line 20 is £600, is the line 10 worth the 300 extra, from what I can see the major additional points are 140mm fork and dropper post. Don't really need the dropper post. I'm thinking to go for the line 20 unless anyone can talk me the other way..
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited June 2020

Pretty good price and spec'd bike. If you want a bike sooner rather than later don't wait around, order it now if it's in stock!

Could recommend other bikes but you won't be able to find any at the moment.

The cheaper one has non Boost forks, steeper head angle, non Boost quick release rear, 1x10 drivetrain. You get what you pay for.

No one cares which one you buy or is influencing your decision it's only advice based on facts.

Choose the bike that suits you, what you want to spend, how and where you will be riding it.

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    See the latest rumours about Go Outdoors before you commit yourself. No idea how this will affect Calibre bikes -support and spares etc. Blacks are selling Calibre but no idea what support they offer.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut