ride, coffee, nyt, wfh, arrange more hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Too much rain = saturdays long run may be a little bit harder than planned
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Forecast has changed from dry to wet again for most of the day.
    Back to sleep I reckon.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, lovely start sunshine 🌞 , Cycling first thing, garden centre later
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    spoke too soon, il pleut, not much though

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Damp here aussi.
    Going through a spell of waking early when I don't need to get up.
    Beginning to piss me off.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    sungod said:

spoke too soon, il pleut, not much though

Your not on your own Sungod raining here now

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, soggy noisy start to the day, window fitters are at it again, external doors today.
    An yes it raining again here so perfect weather for it. An yet again I have had to drag the dog away from the fitters she was curled up in their van yesterday afternoon. Dozing away not a care in the world.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Not raining here at the moment, but looks like it could do at any moment. Trying to work but can't connect, I guess it's the other end as I have plenty of connection here.
    Still no riding for me as wrist is still quite painful, tried it at the weekend and whilst I could rest it on the handlebars I couldn't change gears or brake hard, best not to ride for a bit. What's good for building strength in your right wrist?
    I suppose I could do some work that doesn't need the connection, cup of tea first.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Had physio for carpel tunnel ages ago, squeezy ball squeezing works. wrist curls with a small dumb bell or if your feeling fancy one of those power ball things work
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    ...resists temptation on wrist action advice...

Pain in butt rain here. After postponing planned work yesterday, got organised this morning, and as started the engine to head over so started the rain again. Heavy as. At least work is quite local so not a huge wasted journey. Might try this pm to at least get something done.

Summertime and the living is easy. I blame Raab.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406

I suppose I could do some work that doesn't need the connection, cup of tea first.

Crudcatcher approach with lime and string?

Just as well it's not raining here as I dropped juniors car off to get the air con re-gassed and walked home. While I was out emails went bonkers and I'm just catching up with it all. Luckily most of it is crap and/or can be delegated.

Exercise and drinking later.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Might Zwift in the shelter of the garage later, home time in five though...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Been a chilly week. Random shed jobs, some chainsaw stuff, a fair bit of walking/riding and even some faux-running for the first time in a decade or so.

Much bike fettling, not all of which is going well. Trying to refit an old triple crank to OH's vintage MTB and the front mech won't play nice. Grr. Shifter #3 trial tomorrow, although I suspect the chainring wear is the main problem.

New frameset arrived. Yay!

Other new (used) frame due Monday.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS