Could I have *finally* found the reason for squeal hell?

2»

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    david37 said:

RS785 are fantastic until theyre shite. first one then the other. cheaper than hope but theyre disposable items and since theyre on the cheaper end of Shimano mass manufacturing the quality appears to be variable.

of all the products Ive seen from Shimano, these are up there with the worst. which is a shame because generally Shimano is in my mind a by word for peace of mind.

Interesting. I’ve never heard of many problems with them. I’m not so sure they are really at the cheaper end though as there are plenty more cheaper mountain bike callipers out there - like the Deore callipers I fitted to my winter bike. They were 40% cheaper than the RS785s and they have been flawless for two winters thus far too.

PP
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

david37 said:

RS785 are fantastic until theyre shite. first one then the other. cheaper than hope but theyre disposable items and since theyre on the cheaper end of Shimano mass manufacturing the quality appears to be variable.

of all the products Ive seen from Shimano, these are up there with the worst. which is a shame because generally Shimano is in my mind a by word for peace of mind.

Interesting. I’ve never heard of many problems with them. I’m not so sure they are really at the cheaper end though as there are plenty more cheaper mountain bike callipers out there - like the Deore callipers I fitted to my winter bike. They were 40% cheaper than the RS785s and they have been flawless for two winters thus far too.

PP
    Maybe I have a jaundiced view since I tend to see them when they have a problem.